About the Role
Our Finance Operations team is looking to add a Global Process Owner (GPO) for Credit & Collections who can lead teams both operations and project analyst as well as a BPO. This position reports to the Global Head of Order to Cash and works with Uber's Business to Business products such as Uber for Business (U4B), Uber Freight and other nascent business lines. You will work closely with various Uber city teams as well as regional teams in Accounting, Tax, Legal and Uber's external customers and vendors.
What You'll Do
- Lead the global credit & collections process for Uber's business products. The GPO will manage process leads and direct the priorities for the offshore BPO credit and collections teams.
- Create metrics, drive operational results and prepare AR and cash forecasting in addition to establishing QA procedures that adhere to local / country compliant requirements
- Identify, maintain and report on the Global allowance for doubtful accounts with policies and controls to operate better than industry benchmarks.
- Ensure controls are operating effectively and conform to all legal and regulatory accounting and Tax requirements, including compliance with corporate policies, local statutory requirements and Sarbanes Oxley
- Develop business requirements documents to build and implement solutions, aligning upstream and downstream processes to build consensus among key stakeholders
- Ensure SLA's & KPI's are set & well managed with stakeholders.
- Work closely with other functions (e.g. Accounting, Systems, Treasury, the Business) to proactively manage and resolve business and operational issues in an innovative, efficient and effective manner
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field or appropriate experience -- Accounting , Finance, Economics Preferred
- Strong knowledge of Oracle's AR platform
- A minimum of 8 years of progressive experience in Accounting/Operations teams, preferably in a global shared services environment and 2 to 3 years management experience
- Strong functional knowledge of the following areas: customer record maintenance, customer invoicing, revenue reporting and reconciliations
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of International statutory compliance requirements
- Strong in process improvement & methodology
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate key information and status to stakeholders
- Experience leading a shared service or a history of leading a global team is strongly preferred
- Freight industry and logistics experience is a plus
About the Team
The Order to Cash (OTC) & AR team at Uber is a high-performing team supporting business to business products experiencing rapid growth.
The Uber for Business team has global leads in each region and reports to this role. Uber Freight has credit and collections analysts in Chicago's Freight HQ and those analysts report into this role. There is a credit analyst responsible for all credit processes.
The team is relatively new to Uber and is building out best in class processes for business to business credit management, billing, collections and cash applications and AR.
These roles are located in the US but the team supports internal and external clients globally.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.