The Uber Global Scaled Solutions Hardware team is laser focused on unlocking the potential of hardware for teams across Uber. We have a need for a strong technical program manager to drive hardware supply chain projects. This individual has a deep background in Hardware Product Development and Supply Chain setup, and knows the Contract Manufacturing landscape well.
This role is the lead TPM to engage Uber stakeholders on hardware pilot projects
- Drive prototyping, development and early supply chain strategies for hardware projects at the intersection of Robotics and New Mobility, as well as for other hardware projects across Uber.
- Drive requirements gathering with Product, manage technical analysis process with in-house or outsourced engineering teams
- Drive RFP/RFQ and Supplier Selection processes, leading to contractual engagements, with ODMs, Suppliers and Contract Manufacturer sites.
- On-going relationship management with our Design partners, Contract Manufacturers and strategic component suppliers.
- Drive equipment certification requirements, manage BOM costs, and ensure issues like EOL and RoHS are planned for across the supply chain
- Drive project schedule and setup of OEM/CM sites with the technical team
- Drive validation of product specs, including performance, quality and reliability specs, working with our GSS test team in CO as well as external labs.
- Work with internal stakeholders, e.g, tax, legal, finance, logistics to ensure program compliance
- Candidate will be based in the San Francisco bay area, with some travel to CO and HK/Shenzhen.
Here are the kinds of skills we're looking for:
- Minimum of 7 years experience as a program / project manager driving Hardware and Supply Chain initiatives
- Technical competency. Strong technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks. Engineers enjoy working closely with you.
- Communication. Excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence. Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships, inside and outside Uber.
- Highly organized. Excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Analytical. Ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions with sometimes imperfect data.
- Results oriented. Detail oriented. Driven. Take initiative without being asked. Creative.
Bonus points if you have:
- Worked at a high paced, fast growing, scrappy tech startup.
- Technical program management experience at a mature company with a strong TPM team.
- Engineering experience working on product development
- Have developed Supply Chains involving custom, non-standard equipment
- Have significant experience working with supply chain partners in China
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.