About the Role
Are you a engineer who enjoys characterizing electro-mechanical components and building your own test systems? Do you enjoy solving technical problems with a high level of curiosity? Are you willing to collect and analyze data to help bring new technologies from prototype to production? The Jump team is hiring hardware test & reliability engineers to help design and build the best bikes possible.
As a hardware test & reliability engineer on the Jump team, you will participate in requirements engineering, develop hardware test plans, develop test cases, design/build test fixtures, execute reliability tests and document/analyze results to analyze components of our e-bikes and scooters.
What You'll Do
- Characterize and test mechanical, thermal, and vibrational properties of electric bikes and scooters.
- Build and operate mechanical test systems.
- Develop test cases to validate reliability of components
- Develop tools and methods to automate testing in Chinese factories
- Perform quantitative tests to determine how temperature, humidity, and mechanical stress impact system performance
- Write test scripts in high-level languages like Python, LabView or Matlab to automate test equipment and analyze data.
- Utilize data acquisition systems to collect data, then analyze and report results.
- Maintain engineering processes and documentation.
- Oversee tests methods at Chinese factories.
What You'll need
- Analytical curiosity and ability to solve complex problems; Great data gathering and analytical skills
- Detailed experience with reliability tests (thermal, shock, vib, ALT, EMC, etc)
- Broad general mechanical and electrical engineering knowledge
- BS in Physics, ME, EE, or a related field and 3 years of work experience
- or an advanced degree (Masters, Ph.D.) in a relevant technical field and 1 years of relevant work experience.
- Chinese language proficiency
- Bike, Scooter, or related experience
- Six Sigma and manufacturing experience
About the Team
JUMP is building the future of urban mobility: shared electric bikes that are the quickest, most enjoyable, and most empowering way to get around a city. Cheaper than most public transit and faster than cars in traffic, JUMP e-bikes radically improve local transportation. Founded in 2010, JUMP pioneered dockless bike share and has deployed more than 15,000 bikes in 6 countries. Our goal is to transform cities, making them more sustainable, equitable, and livable through electric mobility. Recently acquired by Uber, our next step is to scale what we've done 100x - and launch electric bike sharing systems in every major city, globally. To make this vision a reality we need to grow our team. We place tremendous value on our company's roots and culture: a mix of ingenuity, controlled chaos, hard work, and sense of purpose. This is a great opportunity to join a small but rapidly growing team that is shaping the future of transportation.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.