About the Role
As Elevate's first Launch Manager you will have the unique opportunity to lay the groundwork for urban aviation in two US launch markets. You will solidify key enabling relationships, expertly navigate complex regulatory issues and build the operational foundation to ensure the successful launch of Uber Air.
You will be central to all aspects of the operation and build a team of experts responsible for delivering a safe, professional and reliable multimodal urban aviation service.
You will be the champion of safety & efficiency and create a culture of responsibility and continuous improvement -- driving creative implementations that deliver a magical end-to-end customer experience to complement existing product lines and pave the way for the future of urban air mobility.
What You'll Do
- Map out the key stakeholders and own the critical relationships needed to launch and scale Uber Air in your markets
- Be the face of Uber and Elevate to local regulators, policy makers, and BD stakeholders
- Understand and proactively address the community's concerns -- create influential promoters of the service
- Define and implement operational, marketing, and policy strategy in your city in partnership with local Uber teams
- Recruit, build, and lead a team of operations experts. Scope org requirements and attract top talent to help execute on the day-to-day, while also advancing future aerial ridesharing strategies.
- Define the launch timeline and partner with Elevate Product to test, optimize, roll out, and provide feedback to ensure the successful implementation of Uber Air
- Drive favorable terms and manage relationships with infrastructure and operating partners leveraging the unprecedented utilization rates consistently delivered by your team.
- Provide the local lens. Translate local realities - community, political, and regulatory nuances - into actionable strategies that successfully address unique conditions in your markets
- Set the stage for success. Define all operational aspects of the Uber Air service: skyport procedures, airport operations, multimodal transitions, air carrier controls, and deliberate expansion - all with the goal of creating a highly efficient operation
- Execution is key. Upon launch, you will be responsible for growing awareness and ridership while introducing innovative solutions that maximize aircraft utilization and average load factor without negatively impacting existing Uber ops
- Stand for safety. In partnership with Elevate Safety, implement safety policy, assurance, promotion and risk management systems. Ensure the effective oversight and active audit of air operating partners
What You'll Need
- 7+ years proven success in a similar role - leading operations/logistics business, hiring and leading diverse teams, developing efficient procedures, optimizing systems, and defining & achieving benchmark operational goals in ambiguous, untested environments
- Owner mentality and Launcher DNA. You have grit and aren't discouraged by seemingly insurmountable challenges -- you refuse to fail. You are immensely resourceful and you figure out a way to get the job done in a safe and responsible way, period.
- A willingness and passion to go deep under the surface -- you will need to become intimately familiar with FAA regulation and local aviation policies to become the foremost expert on how to run an aviation operation in your city responsibly and safely. You understand the stakeholder map and can leverage partner expertise to ensure safe, reliable and legal operations at all times.
- You are analytical, data-driven and possess strong business judgment. Able to roll up your sleeves and analyze the data and pull key insights for your team.
- Strong interpersonal and management skills. Able to build and build strong relationships with your team, cross-functional colleagues, and external partners
- Entrepreneurship mentality. Must be a self-starter and leader that assumes the risks and rewards of running an innovative sustainable operation; able to operate independent of direct oversight.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills. Able to communicate and listen effectively; great written, verbal and presentation skills
- Leadership by example. Able to motivate, inspire and create an inclusive and positive work environment for all.
- A passion for aviation and a genuine excitement about the future of urban air mobility.
- BA/BS with impressive academic record. Advanced degree preferred.
Bonus Points If
- Deep working knowledge of Uber operations, policy, and product
- A working knowledge of aviation operations. You are already familiar with relevant aviation regulations and local aviation policies -- huge plus if you are a pilot!
About the Team
Uber Elevate is building the future of urban mobility. You will be the leader of the ops team responsible for introducing the world to on-demand aerial ridesharing. You will report to the Head of Operations, Aviation and work closely with Elevate product, design, data, policy, comms and flight operations, and be an excellent partner to our in-market ops team.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.