About the Role
As a Lead Software Engineer in the Business Applications team, you will be responsible for leading engineers to implement scalable Salesforce related technical solutions. These solutions will have significant impact to Uber's results in areas of user growth, safety and global expansion. Lead Software Engineers will solve extremely challenging technical problems for Uber Eats, Uber Freight, Uber for Business, Law Enforcement Response Team and others.
What You'll Do:
- Solve business issues through Salesforce development and best practices
- Improve and build solutions to address architectural gaps or technical debt
- Lead engineers; Drive creation of standards, tools and methodologies for team
- Propose best technologies for data processing and data framework
- Play an active role in positively influencing the design direction
- Check in and deploy code and configurations; participate in release management
- Participate in story planning, standups and retrospective
- Execute with a team of solution architects, program managers and engineers
- Produce documentation and tutorials that enable other teams
What You'll Need:
- Minimum of 2+ years experience as a team lead for 3 or more engineers
- Minimum of 7+ years of Salesforce application development experience
- Minimum of 4+ years with at least 1 of the following languages: Java, Go, Python
- Experienced with Salesforce SOAP API, REST API, and BULK API
- Experienced with Web UI frameworks in Visualforce pages or Lightning components.
- Salesforce Certified Platform App Builder and/or Platform Developer
- Familiar with Salesforce Administration
- Excellent verbal, written, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Excellent cross-functional stakeholder management
- Passion for technology, industry research and enjoys solving business problems
About the Team
The Business Applications team's mission is to empower Uber's staff to be more productive and successful through our technical solutions, service delivery and innovation. Our team supports Sales and Community Operations teams within Uber Eats, Uber Freight and Uber for Business. We also support Uber's Law Enforcement Response Team improving safety of riders/drivers across the globe. Our team invests in innovation, new business line expansion and integration with external and internal systems.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.