About the Role
The Localization team is seeking an experienced localization project/program manager to help tackle Uber's growing localization needs. In this role, you'll work closely with our Product, Design, Content, Engineering, HQ and Regional Operation teams as a primary point of contact for localization, to ensure on-time & high linguistic quality for global & regional launches.
Flexibility to work from our Palo Alto office on Tuesdays & Thursdays, and the entire team works from home 1 day per week!
**What You'll Do
- Manage end-to-end localization of Uber products across all supported languages including initial planning & consultation, delivery of localized content, LQAs, and bug routing
- Manage localization of product-related comms with various assets (survey, website, SMS, in-app messaging, etc) across all regions.
- Act as the primary localization point of contact for all cross-functional stakeholders related to your product, explain localization cycles for various content types, and ensure global launches are on time with high degree of linguistic quality
- Develop & maintain key relationships with stakeholders at HQ, regional and city-levels.
- Proactively lead internal and cross-functional initiatives to identify areas for process improvements across the Product and Operations orgs
- Identify Localization tool & process gaps and work with Localization Operations to enable better support
- Work closely with localization vendors to ensure smooth execution of tasks
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years minimum of localization project/program management experience within the high-tech industry on the client side
- Self-directed - ability to take initiative in identifying and solving large problems
- Ability to navigate ambiguity, work independently and be able to chart direction of projects/program
- Very detail-oriented, quality-focused and proactive
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage multiple and diverse stakeholders across businesses and leadership levels
- Ability to learn new tools/systems quickly
- Great understanding of localization and internationalization issues
- Experience using CAT tools to manage localization pipeline & workflows (e.g. Smartling, Idiom WorldServer, Memsource, and Trados)
- Experience managing localization of various content types such as UI, HC, Marketing, & Legal
- Excellent team player
- Travel to region to manage relationships
About the Team
At Uber, it's essential that we maintain a close connection with users regardless of which language they speak. With millions of published words, communicating messages across 500+ cities in 70+ countries, we need your help to ensure that each word is carefully chosen to match the tone and voice of Uber. As an early member of our Localization Team, you'll have the opportunity to build the local roots of an expanding global brand.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.