About the Role
We are currently seeking an Manufacturing Test Engineer to help bring our suite of electrical products from concept through production and into operation. Great judgment, a comprehensive understanding of manufacturing test technology, and ability to execute tests in hardware and software are critical to success. Equally important are the ability to execute with autonomy and to work around an ambitious project schedule.
Familiarity with all stages of consumer or automotive product development and testing including deployment at a contract manufacturer is required. Throughout this process, the Manufacturing Test Engineer will execute with elite aptitude, to ensure all JUMP products are operationally reliable and consistent across high production volumes.
What You'll Do
- Be a positive and collaborative owner of manufacturing test engineering
- Be organized and decision-oriented, keeping projects on schedule and well-communicated across teams
- Have wide domain awareness, staying current on testing standards and test coverage
- Work closely with technical experts to execute within aggressive timelines
- Select test equipment and work with vendors to build fixtures and tools
- Collaborate with verification test engineer to inform production line testing
- Work with engineering team to optimize all products for test at each stage of production (in-line and end of line)
- Use statistical methods to establish pass/fail criteria for key component features
- Collaborate with firmware test engineering to enable new tests
- Test automation at the office and manufacturing sites
What You'll Need
- Minimum five years in the test engineering field - strong preference for transportation, industrial products, and consumer hardware
- Minimum three years experience with test program development
- Take one product through the NPI (New Product Introduction) phases into production
- Designed, built, and deploy a production test system at a manufacturer
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
About the Team
JUMP is a team inside Uber building the next generation of shared light electric vehicles. This role will contribute to the core functionality of the vehicles and test equipment shipping around the world. Success on this team means changing the way people fundamentally get around cities for the better. We move fast, work smart, and have a lot of fun.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.