About the Role
You will play a crucial part in the product development and prototyping process for Uber's New Mobility team supporting the JUMP Bike and Scooter program. As a Mechanical Engineering Technician you will work with Engineers to build and develop prototypes and parts, as well as assisting with thorough testing of those platforms. This role will regularly work cross functionally with other teams, so strong communication is key.
What You'll Do
- Read technical literature, schematics and documents
- Work well under pressure using your own initiative sometimes without direct instructions or supervision
- Quickly adapt to new projects, and complete tasks within a set time frame
- Computer literate using G Suite, Jira, and Asana.
- Be vocal and present for meetings with other Technicians/Engineers and the wider team.
- Ability to document work and assist Technical Writers create quality technical documents
- Physical requirements: Ability to lift up to 80 pounds
What You'll Need
- Experience working in a fast paced environment with outstanding hands-on mechanical aptitude
- Ability to be a detail oriented team player, but also work well independently when required
- High proficiency and understanding using hand tools, power tools, and torque instruments
Bonus Points If
- Expertise working with multiple cross functional teams
- Basic understanding of both high and low voltage electronics and electrical systems
- A love for bicycles and various forms of alternative transportation
- Occasional requirements to travel both domestically and internationally
- Working knowledge of Solidworks is a considered a plus!
About the Team
JUMP is building the future of urban mobility: shared electric bikes that are the quickest, most enjoyable, and most empowering way to get around a city. Cheaper than most public transit and faster than cars in traffic, JUMP e-bikes radically improve local transportation. Founded in 2010, JUMP pioneered dockless bike share and has deployed more than 15,000 bikes in 6 countries. Our goal is to transform cities, making them more sustainable, equitable, and livable through electric mobility. Recently acquired by Uber, our next step is to scale what we've done 100x - and launch electric bike sharing systems in every major city, globally. To make this vision a reality we need to grow our team. We place tremendous value on our company's roots and culture: a mix of ingenuity, controlled chaos, hard work, and sense of purpose. This is a great opportunity to join a small but rapidly growing team that is shaping the future of transportation.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.