About the Role
Mission Specialists will help to test new software and hardware on our Self-Driving Ubers so that we can bring our technology to the world sooner. You will be responsible for monitoring all systems in the vehicle while providing clear and concise feedback to developers within the company.
What You'll Do
- Assist in the development and implementation of new procedures and tests
- Complete tests with mentorship from a Test Engineer or manager
- Operate Self-Driving Ubers on a closed course and public roads
- Isolate, track, document, and triage issues systematically
What You'll Need
- The ability to operate independently with little or no supervision
- Comfort with computers and a familiarity with Linux is preferred
- Proficient in communicating with vehicle technicians, test engineers, and management
- Comfortable learning new software applications and processes
- Proven interest and technical capability to work with modern automotive systems
- Ability to solve software and hardware related issues
- Must have a valid U.S. driver's license and clean driving history
Bonus Points If
- Bachelor of Science in a technical field
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Phoenix, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.