About the Role
At JUMP, design engineers lead the technical invention of new product concepts, using their engineering skill to create elegant solutions to problems and refine them into highly manufacturable designs. Our scope is wide and exciting - we engineer our own vehicles, drive-trains, batteries, locks, telecommunications equipment, and charging infrastructure. Across all of this scope, JUMP hardware products must be incredibly intuitive to users, durable for our fleet operators, and easy to manufacture at low cost. Achieving this in a product with our level of advanced technology requires mechanical designs that are brilliantly simple in their initial concept and rigorous in their execution. Equally important is that they are conceived in a way that optimizes for development speed - designs that are quick to test, build upon our existing technology foundation, and leverage a deep understanding of the capabilities of our world-class manufacturing partners.
As a Design Engineer, you will be responsible for defining the mechanical architecture of new product concepts and being the primary builder through all phases of hardware development. You will work closely with adjoining teams (ID, electrical, firmware, testing, manufacturing, supply chain) as well as less senior members of the mechanical engineering team to to design, prototype, test, and ship.
What You'll Do
- Lead design and testing of power-train components.
- Test and validate your new designs.
- Bring your new designs to large scale manufacturing.
- Collaborate with the product team to come up with new concept components and systems.
What You'll Need:
- 5+ years in the design engineering field - strong preference for transportation, consumer electronics, batteries, and industrial products.
- 2+ years experience in doing design work on mass-production products.
- Strong Solidworks skills.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, or similar.
- Has experience working with rotating equipment or drive-trains.
- Experience taking a design from concept through deployment. Including fundamental analysis.
- Experience managing vendors and suppliers.
- In addition to the technical skills above the candidate should be a highly prolific and creative individual (in both personal and professional contexts ) with a proven record of innovative design solutions. The candidate should have good at communication skills and able to working cross functionally. Has experience working with vendors and suppliers.
- 4 Minimum Years of Experience with Design Engineering
About the Team
You will be collaborating with a team that is working on groundbreaking micro-mobility solutions. These micro-mobility solutions will have a large impact on the transportation landscape.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.