About the Role
Passionate about high-growth startups and have very strong project management and analytical skills coupled with a passion towards driving innovative global solutions? Are you a proven team player, strategic thinker, executor, and great with numbers? Eager to make an immediate impact on the direction of Uber? Then let's talk.
Payments are core to the Uber experience, and the Payments team at Uber builds the strategic and operational infrastructure required to support Uber at scale across numerous geographies and products. In this role you will join a small team focused on driving the future vision of payments at Uber, including acceptance, disbursement, and strategic partnerships. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who thrives on ambiguity, has a reputation for extreme thoroughness, and background in international e-commerce.
Should we accept m-pesa in Kenya? How would Network Tokenization impact our international acquiring footprint? In countries where drivers accept cash, how do we get paid by drivers? This is the team that asks those questions, models out the costs/benefits, and defines and implements the solutions.
What You'll Do
- Define, own, and drive the core metrics enabling global payments success
- Partner internally with regional business owners and LOBs to provide valuable insight and strategic alignment within the company
- Collaborate with product managers and engineering to build-out critical payments platforms
- Forge new and enhance existing global payments and strategic relationships; manage contractual and technical development and negotiation
- Build in-depth regional and product expertise and build business cases backed with serious analytical horsepower
What You'll Need
- 3 to 6 years of payments, consulting or investment banking experience and an understanding of the global payments ecosystem
- Research market dynamics and build business cases to evaluate and propose new payments solutions
- Strong ability to build financial models and related scenario analyses
- Team player who can manage projects in a dynamic work environment
- Balance attention to detail with swift execution - we need to do things quickly, and we need to do them well. Balancing those can be challenging, and this should be a strength of yours
- Strong SQL/analytical skills
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.