About the Role
At JUMP, design engineers lead the technical invention of new product concepts, using their engineering skill to create elegant solutions to problems and refine them into highly manufacturable designs. Our scope is wide and exciting - we engineer our own vehicles, drivetrains, batteries, locks, telecommunications equipment, and charging infrastructure. Across all of this scope, JUMP hardware products must be incredibly intuitive to users, durable for our fleet operators, and easy to manufacture at low cost. Achieving this in a product with our level of advanced technology requires mechanical designs that are brilliantly simple in their initial concept and rigorous in their execution. Equally important is that they are conceived in a way that optimizes for development speed - designs that are quick to test, build upon our existing technology foundation, and leverage a deep understanding of the capabilities of our world-class manufacturing partners. As the Product Design Manager you will lead the core group of engineers that will enable this.
What You'll Do
Lead a team of engineers to define the mechanical architecture of new product concepts
Help define, implement, and enforce the JUMP Product Development Process
Work closely with adjoining team leaders (ID, electrical, firmware, testing, manufacturing, supply chain) to make the best compromises for the product and JUMP business
Develop a culture within your team to foster innovation, collaboration, and excellence
What You'll Need
- 7 years of experience with vehicle design and/or consumer electronics
- 7+ years in the product design engineering field - strong preference for transportation, consumer electronics, batteries, and industrial products.
- 5+ years experience in doing design work on mass-production products.
- 3+ years experience leading a design team with direct people management
- Strong understanding of CAD and data management systems
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.