About The Role
Uber Infrastructure organization is looking for a passionate, results-oriented, Product Manager to scale Uber's data center solutions. In this role, you will work closely with planning, operations, engineering, and software development teams to deliver high quality and robust capacity planning processes and tools for the entire Infrastructure organization.
Successful candidates will be analytical, detail driven with excellent written and verbal communication skills. You thrive in cross-functional environments and work backwards from the needs of your customers to create solutions that scale Uber.
At Uber, we're working to be the top customer-centric Infrastructure service provider on earth. Our customers are internal to Uber and rely on us to deliver all of Uber's service (e.g. Ride-sharing, EATS, Restaurants, Freight). Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all our customers by ensuring that their compute and storage capacity is available to them when they need it, how they need it and as cost effectively as possible.
We are looking for a rockstar Product Manager to innovate and provide best in class experience through the introduction of pioneering new platforms and services to scale Uber's infrastructure in the most efficient manner.
What You'll Do
- Ownership of key performance and efficiency metrics
- Improve supply chain for data center operations
- Own business KPIs for our Infrastructure users
- Align key partners to ensure scalable solutions and operational excellence
- Lead prioritization and trade-offs between schedule, performance and cost
- Proactively identify and resolve issues to meet strategic and financial (ROI) goals
- Engage with Uber executives through regular updates
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of product management
- Experience leading systems development and cross-functional teams
- Strong analytical skills to use data to support decision making
- Experiemental mindset and use metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes
- High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities
- Capacity planning for large storage and compute infrastructure
BONUS POINTS FOR
- IaaS/PaaS cost modeling experience
- Infrastructure TCO and ROI management experience
- Experience delivering on KPIs that propelled the organization to new heights
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.