About the Role
The Product Manager for Aviation Infrastructure will own the end-to-end conception, design, siting, regulatory approval, build-out, and maintenance for all physical infrastructure within the global Uber Air network. This role predominantly focuses on dense, urban "Skyports" (takeoff, landing, and charging facilities for Uber Air eVTOL aircraft), in addition to all their supporting physical infrastructure, e.g. maintenance facilities, hangar space, and recharging facilities.
What You'll Do
- The PM's primary responsibility is to own the development of all necessary Skyport infrastructure in Uber Air markets. This inherently includes airports, transit hubs such as train stations, and multi-use mobility hubs (Uber or otherwise).
- Success in this role will require intricate collaboration with both internal and external partners:
- External real estate partners and financiers who will build Skyports in accordance with Uber Airs's needs/requirements
- Uber's battery / energy storage team to ensure vehicle power plants and stationary energy storage systems, electric chargers (and requisite power drop) that will be required for Uber Air vehicle operations, and any of the associated certification, regulatory, and permitting effort
- Elevate policy to drive national-level standards (i.e. ASTM Vertiport Standard, International Building Code, International Fire Code) to Uber Air's needs, as well as local permitting to ensure that Skyports are designed for and built to all Uber Air operational requirements
- Elevate Data Science to inform urban Skyport placement and sizing
- Success in this role will ultimately involve the successful design, construction, and operation of thousands of Uber Air Skyports globally.
What You'll Need
- Exceptional product insight and vision; customer obsession
- Strong understanding of real estate
- Strong collaborator and leader
- Executive-quality management skills
- A track record of scaling consumer-focused real estate globally, ideally for transportation purposes
- Experience working with regulatory bodies and local zoning commissions
- Experience delivering consumer experiences with your fingerprints all over them
- Stellar design instincts and product tastes
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- Data-driven: you always get the data you need, and you can distill it into an insightful story. Most importantly, you leverage data to drive strategic decisions.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.