About the Role
The quality manager will demonstrate leadership in developing and communicating quality related activities for Lithium-Ion battery systems used in the next generation of electric bike sharing products. In this role, the quality manager will coordinate, direct and manage product quality throughout all the stages of the product lifecycle (design, development, manufacturing, and field). The role utilizes experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and drive short and long term product and process improvements. This is an exciting time to be part of the newly created New Mobility team focused on unique mobility product offerings- electric bikes & scooters. We are rapidly growing so that we can efficiently and effectively validate our products for safety and reliability to improve the customer and in doing so, continue our leadership position in defining the product quality standards for the sharing industry.
What You'll Do
- Lead efforts to reduce product failures and the cost of poor quality for Lithium-Ion battery systems
- Lead new product introductions (NPI) activities by working closely with the engineering team to review the part/assembly related to manufacturing requirements from the conceptual stage to mature production, ensuring that designs are modified where necessary to improve Design for Manufacturability (DFM), and Design for Assembly (DFA)
- As a key technical owner, lead DFMEA's, provides input to PFMEA's and creation of test, reliability and, serviceability plans to ensure product quality, manufacturability, reliability, ...etc. are implemented and executed
- Manage the product life cycle in the field, including safety, serviceability, maintainability, and end of life with the global operations sites
- Establish standard work and performance metrics to drive operational excellence for the field operations to support long-term business goals
- Coach internal and external stakeholders on fundamentals of quality tools: (Root Cause Analysis, CAPA, 8D, DMAIC, PPAP, DoE, FMECA/ FMEA, Fault Tree, SPC, Lean and Six Sigma)
What You'll Need
- 7 Minimum Years of Experience with Battery Quality Engineering (Hardware)
About the Team
Uber revolutionized urban transportation, but we have no intention to stop there. New Mobility, also known as "NeMo", is a new org with the mandate to build and scale the next set of mobility businesses that will help Uber evolve into a multi-modal platform. NeMo's scope includes electric bikes, electric scooters, public transit, mopeds, and more. As a high-growth "startup org" within Uber, NeMo is fast-paced, constantly evolving, and highly rewarding. If you're eager to bring Uber's vision as a platform to life, and are motivated by challenge, read on.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.