About the Role
We are looking to hire a Senior Accountant on the Global General Ledger Team that will play a critical role in the month end close process. You will get the opportunity to work on a multitude of projects and streamline processes, and will become a subject matter expert in processing accruals across multiple financial statement line items. This person will act as a cross-functional business partner to implement automation and create improvements to optimize the month-end close. Individual should work well in a dynamic environment and be able to recommend and implement process improvements, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
What You'll Do
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations for various GL accounts
- Analyze monthly variances across GL accounts and investigate discrepancies
- Work closely with BPO team to automate and streamline processes and review work product
- Partner closely with financials statement line item owners and business partners from various departments
- Lead process improvement and automation initiatives
- Enhance existing processes and controls, perform and maintain assigned internal controls
- Support year-end external audit activities and ongoing internal audits
- Execute special projects and complete other ad hoc assignments as required
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, with 4-6 years in public accounting and / or working within high-tech corporate environment
- Strong general ledger accounting knowledge required
- Strong understanding of GAAP and public company audit requirements
- Experience with large-scale accounting systems (Oracle preferred)
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills (V-Look Ups, Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Prior Big 4 audit experience and/or CPA is a plus
- High attention to detail, critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills, combined with good business judgment
- Team player, self-starter, with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal skills, and positive attitude
About The Team
We build scalable & controlled processes and help implement accounting systems and automation for our Global Accounting function.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.