We're changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we're a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it's a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer. And that's just what we're doing today. We're thinking about the future, too. With teams working on new modalities, self-driving cars and even urban air transportation, we're in for the long haul. We're reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.
About the Role
Trucks move everything you buy, why shouldn't booking a truck be as seamless as booking an Uber? Uber Freight is building a marketplace that connects shippers with truckers, much like the way the Uber connects riders and drivers. The Uber Freight team believes that empowering truck drivers will bring more open, efficient, and increasingly safer transportation to our roads.
Senior Manager, Shipper Platform Sales, North America will be responsible for the growth and creation recurring sustainability by developing and delivering against internal/external value to our people and our customers. This role will achieve goals through a focus on people and process.
What You'll Do
- Set and execute an aggressive customer acquisition strategy to generate annual growth in revenue and bookings for the customer segment within Shipper Platform segmentation
- Manage a disciplined process of accountability, setting appropriate metrics for new business growth, pipeline by source, lead conversion rates, close rates and overall funnel management
- Develop a full lifecycle of lead generation, through dedicated team focused on inbound and outbound strategies
- Align and coordinate across functions (Sales, Product, Customer Success, Finance, Legal, etc) to deliver industry leading success for our customers.
- Drive long term employee success, in recruiting and hiring process of internal and external candidates with an eye towards recruiting and developing the next generation of sales leadership and talent
- Demonstrate leadership by communicating company directives and product strategy; provide sufficient data and insight in order to make key investment decisions on areas being addressed by growth projects.
- Build and maintain customer relationships by communicating effectively and identifying and solving problems strategically
- Find and create "white space" addressing key needs that are not currently addressed by other teams partnering with the SMB segment, understand competitive landscape and market trends
- Understand sales operations processes to build out KPIs, metrics and processes that result in an effective organization and accurate forecasting
- Perform quantitative data analysis, deep actionable insights, modeling, and analysis
- Work closely in a matrixed environment with local operations, marketing, strategy, analytics, design, engineering, finance and other senior leadership in the region and at HQ to set clear targets for regional strategy
What You'll Need
- 7+ years of B2B sales experience with demonstrated track record of achieving sales growth through hands-on management across multiple offices and territories
- Exceptional business judgement and critical thinking skills with the ability to use data to quickly establish highest value priorities and develop a strategy to pursue them
- Willingness to innovate and break commonly-held ideas. Be comfortable in highly uncertain and complex scenarios.
- Strong business, sales and analytical acumen.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and while achieving success in the face of ambiguity.
- Competency to multitask in a fast-paced environment with a portfolio of assignments and drive complex strategic projects to completion.
- Experience working closely and communicating effectively with internal and external stakeholders including product and engineering teams in an ever-changing, rapid growth environment
- Portfolio of achievement growing a customer base and consistently exceeding revenue targets and company goals
- Enthusiastic and motivational leadership established through persuasion leading by example for staff, peers, and senior leaders across all company functions
- Strong experiential background in large enterprise customer-facing presentations
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.