About the Role
The Senior Quality Engineer will demonstrate leadership in developing and communicating quality related activities for the next generation of electric bike sharing products. In this role, the Quality Engineer will coordinate, direct and manage product quality throughout all the stages of the product lifecycle (design, development, manufacturing, and field). The role utilizes experience and expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and drive short and long term product and process improvements. This is an exciting time to be part of the newly created Modalities team focused on unique mobility product offerings- electric bikes & scooters. We are rapidly growing so that we can efficiently and effectively validate our products for safety and reliability to improve the customer and in doing so, continue our leadership position in defining the product quality standards for a sharing industry.
What You'll Do
- Develop and own a failure analysis process to investigate product failure, including the RAM process from field to contract manufacturers
- Lead supplier development activities and investigations using statistical process control to reduce supplier escapes, and improve cycle times and delivery performance
- As a key technical owner, participate in design reviews to ensure product quality, manufacturability, reliability, etc. are implemented and executed
- Establish standard work and performance metrics to drive operational excellence to support long-term business goals
- Coach internal and external stakeholders on fundamentals of quality tools: (Root Cause Analysis, CAPA, 8D, DMAIC, PPAP, DoE, FMECA/ FMEA, Fault Tree, SPC, Lean and Six Sigma)
What You'll Need
- 10 years of experience with Quality Assurance Failure Analysis
- 10+ years in the quality/reliability engineering in automotive or aerospace industries with exposure to entire product lifecycle
- Six Sigma black belt Master black belt certification
- Experience in quality engineering, auditing, and development of a quality management system, including FMEA / FMECA, PPAP, Lean, Six Sigma, RCCA, SPC, reliability analysis and SQL coding
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, masters degree or Ph.D. preferred
About the Team
JUMP is building the future of urban mobility: shared electric bikes that are the quickest, most enjoyable, and most empowering way to get around a city. Cheaper than most public transit and faster than cars in traffic, JUMP e-bikes radically improve local transportation. Founded in 2010, JUMP pioneered dockless bike share and has deployed more than 15,000 bikes in 6 countries. Our goal is to transform cities, making them more sustainable, equitable, and livable through electric mobility. Recently acquired by Uber, our next step is to scale what we've done 100x - and launch electric bike sharing systems in every major city, globally. To make this vision a reality we need to grow our team. We place tremendous value on our company's roots and culture: a mix of ingenuity, controlled chaos, hard work, and sense of purpose. This is a great opportunity to join a small but rapidly growing team that is shaping the future of transportation.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.