About the Role
In this highly visible role, you will be responsible for manufacturing & assembly process, yields and overall factory readiness for mass production. As a technical lead role, your ability to combine knowledge of module manufacturing with mechanics and manufacturing process / process controls and deliver results on a tight timeline is critical. The TPM will work in conjunction with the New Production Introduction group as well as a multi-functional team of Design, Supplier Quality, Test, Service and Technical Program Engineers to ensure top quality products and services from the CM and drive excellence into everything we do.
What You'll Do
- Provide total ownership of the factory output, yield, quality and readiness to ramp volume.
- Drive lessons learned into designs and use predictive methods to anticipate and avoid
quality issue early in development cycle
- Maintain open MIL and drive to closure prior to mass production start. Provide leadership
and drive yield & operational excellence expectations with CMs through direct interaction,
continuous communication, and continuous improvement efforts
- Drive continuous yield improvement activities with CMs. Track CM performance through
objective measurement systems as well as audits and on line verification
- Implement communication plan, providing summary and corrective action plans through
life cycle of products
- Executive level status reports on a weekly cadence
- Escalate key concerns and options for resolutions to senior management
What You'll Need
- Demonstrated technical skills including experience and thorough understanding of parts
manufacturing, Assembly, Test, and Pack-out processes.
- Highly motivated and able to drive closure of issues across cultures.
- In depth knowledge in quality methodologies with command of tools including statistical
analysis, DOE, FMEA etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to concisely understand and
communicate issues and lead a team to solution.
- Works on significant and unique issues where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangibles. Exercises independent judgment in methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Builds formal networks involving coordination among groups
- Excellent communicator who can translate high-level goals into tangible action plans
- Excellent project management skills Program / Project Management experience
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- 5+ years experience providing technical support of high volume automotive or consumer electronics
- DOE, SPC, Failure Analysis
- Excellent debugging skills and demonstrates ability to solve problems under pressure
- 25% international travel required
About the Team
Uber revolutionized urban transportation, but we have no intention to stop there. New Mobility, also known as "NeMo", is a new org with the mandate to build and scale the next set of mobility businesses that will help Uber evolve into a multi-modal platform. NeMo's scope includes electric bikes, electric scooters, public transit, mopeds, and more. As a high-growth "startup org" within Uber, NeMo is fast-paced, constantly evolving, and highly rewarding. If you're eager to bring Uber's vision as a platform to life, and are motivated by challenge, read on.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.