The HSE Professional works under the supervision of the HSE Manager assigned as a dedicated resource to client and contractor/supplier members of Avetta.
The HSE Professional has no supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Conduct Manual, Implementation, & Field HSE Audits/Assessments where a review of a company’s HSE manual, training documentation, or field execution of protocols is reviewed
- Gap assess contractor/supplier HSE management systems, programs and protocols based on services provided
- Apply general risk and hazard assessment methodology across a variety of industries that Avetta will service (e.g., Oil & Gas, Petrochemical, Industrial, Communications, Facility Management, Construction, Mining, Aviation, Transportation, Marine/Maritime Operations, and Rail)
- Assist customers with closing gaps or deficiencies identified within the audit
- Ability to coach contractor/supplier with developing policies/procedures based on regulatory requirements
- Respond promptly to customer inquiries
- Handle and resolve customer concerns promptly and professionally
- Perform customer verifications
- Manage customers' accounts
- Record details of inquiries, comments and complaints
- Record details of actions taken
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments
- Follow up on customer interactions
- MUST HAVE RELIABLE TRANSPORTATION
- Travel associated with this position can be expected between 25-30% depending on Client Demand/Departmental needs
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May be required to attend training, meetings, or seminars.
- Required to travel in the event of implementation and field work
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of OSHA and other Regulatory Agencies (EPA, MSHA, NFPA, NIOSH, ANSI, ISO, etc.);
- Industry & Field HSE Experience;
- HSE Auditing experience a plus;
- An affinity for learning online software systems;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Excellent Professional communication skills – both written and oral;
- Bi-lingual proficiency a plus;
- Working PC knowledge, windows preferred and related applications;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Problem analysis and problem-solving;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Knowledge in the area of sales, customer service and business development in order to integrate concepts and theories;
- Ability for conceptual thinking and working knowledge of other major areas of the Company;
- Ability to integrate and communicate information on a one-on-one basis as well as in group situations;
- Ability to provide effective leadership and guidance to staff;
- Ability to read and interpret financial and statistical data, information and documents;
- Ability to interact with staff, members, and others encountered in the course of performing daily work;
- Ability to learn and apply new information or skills;
- Ability to work under intensive deadlines.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
Potential candidates for this position must meet the following requirements:
- Spanish – Fluency (writing/reading/speaking) a PLUS
- CSP, CIH, ASP, CHST, OHST, CSHM a PLUS
- OSHA Authorized Trainer a PLUS
- MSHA, DOT, Maritime, Offshore experience a PLUS;
- Experience or knowledge of industry best practices such as NATE CTS, ANSI, and TIA Standards a PLUS;
- Experience in ISO 9001, 14001, OHSAS 18001/ISO 45001, ANSI Z10 a PLUS;
- Safety and Health Auditing (ISO 19011) Experience a PLUS
- Must have current and valid First Aid/CPR/AED Certification
- Field Audits may require travel out of state or to Canada (up to 20%);
- Must have a current and valid Passport OR attainable within 1 year of hire.
- TWIC Card a PLUS;
- Previous direct experience with OSHA, O&G, MSHA, Maritime, Manufacturing, etc.
- Recommended experience of 5+ yrs in the relevant industries we serve (see Industries Page at www.avetta.com).
- The environment is fast-paced, ever changing. This individual must possess the skills to react quickly, establish and re-establish priorities and communicate with professionalism.
- The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- The incumbent must be able to accommodate any or all of the following: constant distraction, short timeframes for turnaround, tight deadlines and continuous exposure to customer challenges/issues and the issues of employees.
- While performing the job duties, an employee is required to sit; talk or hear by telephone; use hands to finger, handle, feel, or operate standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus to read and operate office equipment as necessary during the course of the work assignment.
- The job may require flexibility with regards to scheduling days, hours, and work location, depending on business needs.
- The job is typically sedentary but may require standing and walking up to 35% of the work time to transfer files, ask questions, and related activities.
- Requires up to 30% travel to off-site locations for audits, meetings and training.
PHYSICAL ABILITIES, MENTAL DEMANDS, AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
Individual should be able to exercise sound judgment, be able to plan, be well organized, have excellent oral and written communications skills, work well under pressure, take the initiative, and be flexible and cooperative. The individual should also be accurate, timely, and respect confidentiality concerning employee information and company records.
While performing the job duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to sit; talk or hear in person and by telephone; use hands to operate standard office equipment; reach with hands and arms; lift minimum 10 lbs.
The employee is frequently required to walk and stand. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus to read and operate office equipment as necessary during the course of the work assignments.
The employee works under typical office conditions and noise levels.