This is the mid-level Learning and Development Specialist position within the Avetta Global Learning Organization reporting to the Learning Manager. The Learning and Development Specialist utilizes adult learning methods and industry standard learning principles and technology to create learning experiences for both internal Avetta Teammates as well as External Customers to successfully build an engaged and loyal customer community. The Learning and Development Specialist works closely with other Learning Specialists, Instructional Designers, project managers, global colleagues, industry SMEs and external clients. This position requires a moderate amount of supervision.
BASIC SKILLS and RESPONSIBILITIES of a Learning and Development Specialist
- Be a promoter of the Avetta mission, vision and values in all training delivery
- Supports and continually enhances the process to facilitate rapid application and development through the use oftemplates and GLO standards
- Viewed as a go to partner for all learning related queries, both internally and externally
- Supports teammate acquisition of knowledge, skills and behaviors through department specific new hire, upskill and cross skill training. Drives teammate adoption of change through product and process training modules
- Supports customer acquisition of knowledge, skills and behaviors through product training, just in time training content and comprehensive knowledge articles
- Manages training projects from start to finish, including communicating crucial updates and training progress/ risks
- Proactively identifies and highlights continuous improvement opportunities in learning material, curriculums and key learning processes to Learning and Development leader
- Manage stakeholder expectations against project recommendations to ensure consensus and agreement
- Utilize project management principles to develop a comprehensive project plan in which to manage the project timelines/deliverables
- Work as a professional partner and learning consultant when interfacing with internal customers to solve business problems in ways that meet the needs of all key stakeholders, including the learner
- Coordinate project tasks with management and team members as needed. Maintain open and streamlined communication with all staff involved in new initiatives and projects as related to training
- Responsible for delivery of Product / Uptraining / Cross training and technical tools training
- Manage all technical aspects of physical and virtual classroom training while simultaneously delivering content
- Deliver content in 'Train the Trainer' sessions
- Consults with Instructional Designers to ensure the content is representing a clear and consistent Avetta brand
- Reviews and give constructive feedback on materials developed by Designers
- May conduct needs analysis in-order to make recommendations against the needs of the project incorporating basic adult learning theory
- Work collaboratively with the Avetta Learning Team Manager to make recommendations on key decisions relating to the instructional content, method, and material prior to delivery
- Critically review training material and programs, to ensure that high quality, effective training material is delivered to learners
- Participate on projects as requested, with supervision
- Work as a professional partner when interfacing with internal and external customers to solve business problems in ways that meet the needs of all key stakeholders, including the learner
Instructional Design Skillset
- Develop learning objectives, and/or update learning program content and affiliated materials such as job aides,instructor guides, and participant guides as directed
- Conduct learner analysis for assigned instructional tasks, resulting in a clear analysis as the basis for instructional content
- Work collaboratively with internal Stakeholders (product managers, requestors, teammates, etc.) to ensure content accuracy and relevance
- Design learning, performance, and business objectives that are measurable and relevant
- Design learning evaluations that are tied to analysis/objectives
- Utilize instructional models and adult learning methods to design learning experiences that promote practice, retention, and application of new skills and knowledge
- Identify ways to modify/improve classroom and virtual learning experience to gain efficiencies based on trends and feedback
- Provide basic estimations of work schedule in a project plan including: total hours to complete a project, stakeholder input dates, draft dates, review dates, final product dates
- Support the creation and maintenance of correlating knowledge content
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent experience in corporate learning and or adult education.
- 3+ years experience in classroom and virtual delivery.
- 2+ years instructional design including eLearning development.
- Must be comfortable presenting in front of small to large groups including both internal and external learners.
- Ability to read and interpret technical and other complex tools and documents into material people will understand.
- Ability to write clear and concise materials, e-mails, meeting agendas, outlines, etc.
- Ability to present information in one-on-one and group situations to internal and/or external clients.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Constructive thinking and alternative short- to long-term solutions must be considered.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote) and SalesForce including use of styles, templates and advanced formatting.
- Strong time-management, organization, and intermediate level project management skills required.
- Demonstrated passion/potential for Technology.
- 1+ years knowledge management skillset
- eLearning, Instructional Design or Learning Specialist certificates, ASTD certificates, etc.
- Fluency in any of the following languages: French, German, Spanish