The primary role that this position fills is that of our network architect and implementation expert. The position provides support to the company's IT objectives and will develop, coordinate, and document plans, procedures, and architecture enhancements. The position will provide key support and further develop our core architecture. The purview of this position includes all network related to our internal and customer facing systems.
- Juniper, Ruckus, InfoBlox and F5 hands on experience
- Ability to follow create technical documents and procedures
- High attention to detail
- Ability to investigate and solve complex problems
- Ability to quickly diagnose and isolate hardware/software issues
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Good project management skills
- Works well in a team environment/regarded as a “team player”
- In-depth experience with TCP/IP at the API level
- Proficient in analysis of network traffic using tools such as tcpdump and Ethereal.
- Proficient in firewall concepts and configuration.
- Unix LAN network administration
- BS or BA in Computer Science or equivalent experience/degree or 7-9 years experience in IT environment supporting WANs/LANs as a senior network engineer
Functions and Responsibilities
- Develop, implement and support multi-site networking layer to support both internal and external customer functions
- Management of layer-7 routing layer utilizing BigIP
- Develop, implement and support network segmentation with full layer-3 routing at all edge points
- Deploy site-to-site VPN tunnels for Appriss Data Network
- Diagnose and correct hardware/software problems without supervision
- Recommend strategy on IT network infrastructure changes
- Develop/deploy IT network infrastructure changes
- Document changes to infrastructure according to established procedures
- Review/implement system security
- Diagnose system hardware/software problems
- Maintain detailed documentation for IT infrastructure
- Independently manage large, complex projects
- Review application log files for problems or anomalies and correct or report them as necessary
- Weekly status reporting to the Strategic IT Manager
- Represents Appriss' best interests professionally, ethically, financially and legally to the best degree possible in servicing clients and co-workers and exhibits a positive attitude in action, behaviors and conduct.
- Contributes to a non-hostile, pleasant working environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Key Word Functions
- tcpdump, Ethereal, voip, IOS, Brocade, Foundry, Cisco, TCP/IP, BGP, BigIP
Physical and Mental Requirements
- Job involves considerable physical exertion such as regular climbing of ladders, lifting heavy objects (up to 80 pounds) on a highly frequent basis, and/or assuming awkward positions for periods of time.
- Job requires a very high level of judgment, exceptional analytical ability and creativity in investigating major problems that require original and highly innovative solutions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Some travel may be involved for both training and customer facing issues.
The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.