World View is on the brink of writing history. We're creating unprecedented access to the near-space environment for purposes ranging from life-changing travel experiences to scientific research/education, and everything in between. It takes an incredible team to turn dreams into reality. We're already doing it, but we're always looking for others that share our passion for tackling big ideas and changing the world in the process. We believe in hiring the best, brightest, and most passionate people on earth. We're a small, agile company looking for people ready to contribute to something greater than themselves. We think big. We think different. We're not fond of mediocrity. We're pioneers charting new territory, opening access to near space, and writing history in the process.
World View is looking for an Electro-Optical Subsystem Engineer to take on a Voice of the Customer leadership role in developing our next generation Stratollite vehicle to ensure the platform design optimizes electro-optical sensor performance and offers maximum flexibility for future sensor payload requirements. The candidate should have experience in the design and analysis of visible/infrared electro-sensor imaging subsystems and have demonstrated strong analytical problem-solving skills. Experience developing products for space (or near-space) environments is a plus.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Define electro-optical (EO) sensor payload interface and design accommodation requirements to meet the optical, thermal, and structural performance specifications
- Support customer mission planning and concept of operations design to optimize EO payload performance and the corresponding information value delivered to the customer
- Perform EO systems analysis modeling and simulation required to predict payload performance
- Develop the EO subsystem integration and test plan for each mission
- Develop the system architecture and EO sensor technology roadmap to offer a World View provided sensor data options and the delivery of knowledge products