Working alongside our Controller, the Senior Accounting Manager will support the team as we build a scalable infrastructure with strong internal controls. S/he will not only build the process but also the team that will drive our accounting success.
What You’ll Do
- Own General Accounting processes, including streamlining, reviewing account reconciliations and expense analytics
- Lead month end close; reduce days to complete, improve transparency and controls
- Build out a large, high-functioning Accounting team starting with a single direct report
- Partner across the company and within the team to implement and integrate new and optimize existing systems
- Coordinate internal and external audits as well as annual tax filing
- Implement efficient and materially accurate accruals
- Develop reporting; proactively providing value-added analysis and metrics
Who You Are
You are a “numbers person” and a “people person” who thrives on continuous improvement, collaborating across the company and building scalable systems and processes. You view speedbumps as an opportunity to showcase your skill and are motivated by the challenge to build accounting controls. You’re an empathetic leader that knows when how to delegate work and motivate a team toward high performance.
You also have the following:
- At least 7 years of Accounting experience with proven success managing a small team
- A degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- ERP experience (Microsoft Dynamics, NetSuite, Intacct, Workday, etc.)
- Prior experience in a high-growth, multi-currency and/or public company is highly desired.
- Extra credit: CPA and/or Big-4 experience is a plus!
Knotel is transforming the office market with its Agile HQ™ Platform. Making long-term leases a thing of the past, Knotel designs, builds, and operates custom spaces for established and growing brands, so they can be free to grow their businesses at will and build what’s never been built.
Named a Business Insider Top 50 Startup and New York's Hottest New Workspace Model, Knotel has over 50 locations across more than 1 million square feet in New York, San Francisco, London, and Berlin. Founded in 2016, Knotel has raised $100 million in funding. Knotel’s member network includes companies like Starbucks, Cheddar, and King. Visit www.Knotel.com.
Our Core Values
Fly your Flag - Don’t check your identity at the door. Bring it inside - we are better for it.
Don’t Look Away- Care for the details no one told you about. Make every space a home and give the gift of belonging.
Outcomes, Not Processes- Time is precious. Save it. Start with the goal and back out the journey
Get Uncomfortable- Innovation starts at the edge of the unknown. Embrace the adventure and sign up for the hairy challenges.
“Where is it Engraved…”- Question orthodoxy.
Share in the Victory Dance- No one summits alone. Leverage the best in others and offer the most in yourself.
Diversity & Inclusion at Knotel
At Knotel, we know that a diverse workforce fosters our individual and collective success. We are committed to building an inclusive, collaborative culture where people of all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religious backgrounds can do their best work. This is all fueled by our employees, who drive the efforts and initiatives outlined here.