As one might expect, travel planning is complex and thus results in a wealth of diverse data that can be leveraged extensively both for actionable insights and compelling marketing. Rigorous analyses of travel data can result in better understanding of the complex trip planning process involving intertwined paths to purchase, realizations of what micro and macro factors drive and affect the travel industry, better understanding of the value of particular data sets, and a broad understanding of the travel marketplace. Such analyses, if packaged right, can lead to invaluable actionable insights that are indispensable to clients, partners, and the travel industry as a whole. While Sojern is already leading the way in travel insights, we are looking to enhance and accelerate our travel insights efforts by bringing on board an experienced Lead Data Analyst to be an integral member of an outward-facing Travel Insights, Analytics, and Reporting team. This Lead Data Analyst will:
- Drive the completion of end-to-end insights projects/products with high quality and in a timely manner.
- Extend Sojern’s technical expertise in travel insights and identifying opportunities for improving either our data footprint or our data use/interpretation.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to understand and translate their needs into data insights that drive client relationships and help stakeholders and, by extension, their clients do their jobs more effectively.
- Translate our complex data into easily consumable reports that facilitate the garnering of actionable take-aways.
- Visualize key insights into Tableau dashboards, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and deliverables, express ideas and absorb/understand stakeholder’s needs.
- Cooperate with global teams on projects that deliver client and partner value.
- Guide and mentor more junior members of the team, thus contributing to their technical and career development.
The Expertise We’re Looking For:
- Experience in producing actionable insights that are based on rigorous analysis of complex and large data sets.
- Extensive hands-on experience in data analytics, reporting, and software engineering technologies and processes often used to process, distill, and present large data sets.
- Experience in collaborating with Engineering, Data Science, and Product teams on data, analytics, and reporting projects/products.
- Experience in driving forward all technical aspects of a project from beginning to end and in providing constructive feedback and guidance to others to ensure high quality and to address shortfalls.
- Experience in working across an organization, championing the collaboration of all stakeholders toward the common goal of maximizing the value delivered.
- High-level of comfort in communicating effectively across internal teams and with external stakeholders, e.g., clients, partners.
- Experience in guiding and mentoring more junior members of the team.
- Knowledge of advertising technologies, techniques, pitfalls, opportunities; e.g., experience with ad delivery platforms such as AppNexus, MediaMath, DV360, and FB.
The Skills You Bring:
- 6+ years of experience in extracting insights from data by leveraging data retrieval (e.g., SQL, HQL or BigQuery SQL), data manipulation (e.g., Excel, R, Matlab, SAS, Python notebooks), and data visualization (e.g., Tableau, Looker) technologies.
- Ability to work independently or in a group in a fast-paced environment, balance multiple priorities, work with remote offices around the world.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; comfortable presenting to clients and to all levels of organization.
- BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, or related field is required; MS/PhD in STEM field is a plus.
- Proficient in Spanish (reading and writing) is a plus in order to better serve our growing LATAM clients.
The Value You Deliver:
- Maintain the focus on core initiatives, such as thought-leadership reporting, client and partner actionable insights, insights product evolution, and data need specification and evolution.
- Support our efforts of packaging our extensive travel insights into products that guide our clients through their media planning efforts.
- Through close collaboration with your team and the Product team, contribute in the ideation, design, prototyping, and productization of actionable Insights reports that leverage our vast travel data to deliver best-in-class and scalable travel insights.
- Take on an active role in our data-driven culture and foster/cultivate relationships with other teams to develop the tools and processes needed to maximize the inherent value of our data.
- Opportunities: Be part of a growing team with training and support to help you grow
- Ownership: Lead creative and challenging projects
- Give Back: We give 40 hours a year to volunteer and organize office volunteer programs with local organizations
- Culture: Strong core business values, focus on teamwork, vibrant, social and fun environment
- Snacks: Variety of snacks in the office
- Meals: Monthly catered lunches & happy hours
- Competitive Localized Benefits
- IATA Travel Discount
- Time Off: Flexible vacation days
At Sojern, we value diversity and always treat all employees and job applicants based on merit, qualifications, competence, and talent. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.