The Software Development Manager will use their technical and people leadership skills to drive the VisitPay engineering team to success! Through sharp attention to detail, collaborating with others and their own solid software development experience, the Manager of Software Development will work with teams across VisitPay to build multi-tenant SaaS applications that scale to large numbers of users. The ideal candidate for this position delivers technical excellence by ensuring the highest level of quality, training, and development using industry leading methods, processes and/or tools. Most importantly, the Software Development Manager is passionate about assembling and managing a high caliber software development team, understanding what motivates developers, and has an ability to speak their language. While experience leading a team is helpful, the right candidate with the skills, drive, and passion to expand their skillset and help others succeed could be a great fit.
- Manage a team of 10 software developers (half local, half remote)
- Enable the team to deliver value at a consistent velocity
- Set goals with developers and help them succeed in their career objectives
- Learn and train the team on new technologies and best practices
- Ensure that the team has the tools they need to be efficient
- Work with cutting edge Azure cloud systems and services
- Work in a secure environment dealing with HIPAA and PCI data
Competencies for success:
- Experience with various technologies, frameworks and processes, such as data modeling, data flow mapping, requirements gathering, testing and data validation techniques
- Familiarity with DevOps related to implementation a plus
- Extra credit for experience with Azure tools
- Prefers a collaborative environment and is comfortable working with others and giving and receiving feedback
- (Bonus) C#, Python, PowerShell, .NET, Visual Studio, RabbitMQ, JAMS Production Monitoring
- Bachelor’s degree in C.S. or similar field.
- 2-3 years relevant Big Data experience with 5+ years of industry experience is required.
- 1-2 years managing a software development team.
- Strong background in software development.
- Worked in a regulated or audited environment (PCI, HIPAA, SOX…)
- This position is based in Boise, ID. Relocation assistance may be provided for the right candidate.
- This position may be remote for the right candidate, with at least 2 years’ experience of proven success working remotely.
- This position is not eligible for sponsorship, now or in the future.
VisitPay is a well-funded start-up in a $400B growing market. We are a nationally focused company working closing with some of the nation’s largest and most well-respected health systems to provide innovative and compelling SaaS-based products. We are poised to capture significant share in the massive and growing self-pay market. Our solutions help healthcare systems optimize their revenue while providing patients with much improved and friendly billing experience.
Located in beautiful Boise, Idaho, you will have the opportunity to work with an exceptional leadership team who has significant experience building companies in consumer finance, software and analytics, and enjoy a competitive salary, benefits and equity appreciation rights, as well as a work/life balance suited to enjoy the beautiful landscape Idaho provides.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
VisitPay is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.