With the Career Prep Program, we ignite opportunity by setting careers in motion for all. Our goal is to raise transparency around the steps necessary for embarking on a STEM career for traditionally underrepresented groups in tech and increase their representation in the industry.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who endeavor to further this mission to apply.
About the role
As a Career Prep Fellow, Uber will help you take your skills to the next level in partnership with experts in the field. This year-long program consists of six Thursday / Friday workshops. Topics will vary for each session covering a range of competencies such as: technical interview skills, insights into how top engineers succeed, communication and self-marketing skills, engineering competencies, and so much more.
Homework assignments are included in the program to expand on learning from workshops, and prepare for the following session. One on one mentorship from Uber engineers and members of Uber's employee resource groups will also be a huge part of your success in this one of a kind experience.
Where will instruction be delivered?
We will determine this once we know where our participants are located. Some instruction will take place at Uber HQ in San Francisco, but we will also make use of our New York Office and virtual classrooms as needed.
Who will cover expenses?
For those outside SF and NYC, there will be some portion of the program that requires program participants to travel. Uber will cover all expenses in those cases (travel, lodging, meals).
- College Students in a U.S. based 4-year program
- Community College Transfer Applicant (Will start a 4-year program by Fall 2019)
- Major or concentration in Computer Science or another closely related field
- Demonstrate a commitment to furthering the Career Prep Program's mission
- Passion and drive to be successful in the tech industry
- Candidates MUST complete this APPLICATION FORM
- AND Submit your resume below by clicking Apply Now
- Applications Due - March 14, 2019 (including resume, transcript, and essay questions)
- Interview Day - March 22, 2019
- Program start day - April 5, 2019
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.