About the Role
The successful candidate will be an expert with analyzing large data sets, enjoys diving deep into data analysis, discovering root causes, and designing long-term solutions. Additionally, the candidate should be an effective communicator capable of independently driving issues to resolution and communicating insights to non-technical audiences.
What You'll Do
- You will be designing, building and launching deeply efficient & reliable data pipelines to move and process petabytes of data. You will leverage the Uber infrastructure to create an end-to-end data solution for the entire ATG organization, accelerating the path to level 5 autonomy.
- On top of making the data clean and available you will be collaborating closely with the Data Science organization on streamlining the process of running Machine Learning models on top of the available data.
What You'll Need
- Proficiency with the common data stack. Hadoop, Hive, Spark, MySQL etc.
- Strong Python skills are encouraged, a big portion of our system is implemented in Python.
- Familiarity with other languages like C++, Go, Java, or Scala. Many of the systems we work with are developed in other languages and require code to be written or maintained in those languages. If you don't know those languages already, you'll have the space to learn them.
- You should be comfortable moving across multiple teams in high visibility roles.
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Phoenix, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.