About the Role
At Uber, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer
experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling
what you could accomplish. In this role you will:
Design for Manufacturability - Provide early and on going manufacturing involvement to ensure new products are mechanically manufacturable.
Product Engineering - Works all phases of a product from concept to repeat manufacturing to end of life.
Provides production support engineering with respect to technically complex testing methods, procedures and failure analysis.
Process Engineering - Designs and develops technically complex processes to improve quality and efficiency. Utilize statistical tools (such as GR&R, SPC and Cp/pCk) to ensure processes/fixtures are scalable and are continuing to perform properly once qualified.
Failure/Data Analysis - Plans, develops and implements technically complex procedures for the testing and evaluation of soon to be released products.
Specifies test to be performed, compiles data and makes recommendations for product design changes and final assembly standards. This will include the use of Design of Experiments (DOE) and statistical analysis using Six Sigma principles
What You'll Do
- Develop new and or improved processes through the application of theoretical and practical engineering
- Keeps abreast of all meaningful technical trends and developments and
incorporates them in appropriate assignments
- Ability to travel internationally up to 25%
- Provide direction and mentorship to third party machine/automation suppliers and/or CM's; be the technical leader and driver on owned projects; serve as a technical resource to other engineering groups and project leaders
- Organize cross-functional reviews of the machine requirements, design,
qualification and capability
- Create Request for Quotation/Proposal (RFQ/RFPs) that documents the design requirements of the automated equipment, delivery schedule, required documentation and qualification for acceptance at machine supplier facility and contract manufacturer's factory
- Engage machine suppliers for automated equipment design reviews and proposals
- Travel to the machine supplier and contract manufacturer for equipment bring-up, qualification, acceptance testing and support during build events
- Drive machine qualification including correlation, process capability (CP/CPK) and Gage Repeatability / Reproducibility (GR&R)
- Drive failure analysis and machine issue resolution when working with machine suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Run equipment experiments to bound the capability of the machine
- Responsible for data analysis reports to communicate machine capability to the
What You'll Need
BS/MS in an engineering field, such as Mechanical, Manufacturing, Production
5+ years of experience in automation equipment used for alignment, assembly,
measurement of products
- Experience in high-volume production
Bonus Points If
- New product introduction and Manufacturing Operations experience desired
- Proven track record of cost reduction, project management and engineering design required
- Working knowledge of GD&T principles favorable
- ]NX, SolidWorks CAD or ProE experiences a plus
- Knowledge of product assembly as they relate to CCD cameras, 2D and 1D lasers, and their use for positioning and critical alignment machines
- Basic understanding of liquid adhesives, PSA's and VHB's a plus
- Working knowledge of robotics (6-axis and/or SCARA), pneumatics, servo motors, motion controllers, PLC and and PC-based control systems
- JMP, Minitab & Six Sigma experience preferred
About the Team
Uber revolutionized urban transportation, but we have no intention to stop there. New Mobility, also known as "NeMo", is a new org with the mandate to build and scale the next set of mobility businesses that will help Uber evolve into a multi-modal platform. NeMo's scope includes electric bikes, electric scooters, public transit, mopeds, and more. As a high-growth "startup org" within Uber, NeMo is fast-paced, constantly evolving, and highly rewarding. If you're eager to bring Uber's vision as a platform to life, and are motivated by challenge, read on.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.