About the Role
At JUMP, design engineers lead the technical invention of new product concepts, using their engineering skills to create elegant solutions to problems and refine them into highly manufacturable designs. Our scope is wide and exciting - we engineer our own vehicles, drivetrains, batteries, locks, telecommunications equipment, and charging infrastructure. Across all of this scope, JUMP hardware products must be incredibly intuitive to users, durable for our fleet operators, and easy to manufacture at low cost. Achieving this in a product with our level of advanced technology requires mechanical designs that are brilliantly simple in their initial concept and rigorous in their execution. Equally important to designs is that they are directed in a way that optimizes for development predictability. This is where the PD EPM comes into play.
What You'll Do:
- You will be a critical part in the success of the Mechanical Product Development team. Working with the Head of MPD, project
teams, and cross functionally with TPM's, Ops, Supply Chain you will help coordinate the front end design efforts.
You will be the expert on scoping mechanical efforts both on the design and the manufacturing side.
You will track this data over time to increase scoping accuracy as we define our design team and manufacturing partners' capabilities
In addition you will play a key role in developing, implementing, and enforcing processes & tools that internal to the MPD team. Think Design Reviews, Issue Lists, Task Tracking, Prioritization, JIRA, Tool Release, and the like
What You'll Need:
- Minimum five years in product design engineering field - strong preference for transportation, bicycle, scooter, consumer electronics, batteries, and similar
- Understanding of the tasks of a Design Engineer
- Deep familiarity with lead times for various manufacturing processes; Hard and Soft tooling, CNC, Injection molding, Tube Forming, Forging, Die Cast
- Expert in dependency based scheduling tools
- Good knowledge of JIRA functionality and ability to work within different workflows
- Good knowledge of Confluence structuring and Macro integration
- Extremely organized, Clear communicator, great interpersonal and EQ skill sets, can collaborate with all personality types
- Project Management certification preferred
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.