At the ATG, we are ambitious, engaged and excited about transforming the way the world moves. With locations in San Francisco and Pittsburgh, the Advanced Technologies Group is comprised of Uber's self-driving engineering team dedicated to self-driving technologies, mapping, and vehicle safety.
Our team is looking for strong C++ software engineers that want to be involved with developing self-driving vehicles. Our engineers design and build systems that span components both on the vehicle and in the data center. They work towards improving the vehicle's ability to perceive and understand its environment, predict and respond to quickly changing scenarios, and plan for safe and efficient operation.
We need engineers that are interested in applying best practice development techniques to the self-driving space. This can include designing novel algorithms, building scalable data processing pipelines, optimizing performance, and creating robust infrastructure that powers everything we do.
We need your skills and passion to help make it happen! We are looking for technically deep engineers with the skills and focus to meet our goals.
What you'll do
- Working with self-driving vehicles - interacting and shaping robotic technology!
- Developing state of the art robotics autonomy algorithms with perception, prediction, and motion planning systems that run on self-driving vehicles and in the data center
- Write analysis, monitoring, and testing systems that understand the behavior of our vehicles, improve their safety, and guide future development efforts
- Domain experience will range across sensor development, system optimizations, Graphics Processing Unit (GPU) development, embedded systems, route planning, vehicle behaviors to cyber security!
- Develop data processing pipelines to feed adaptive and learned models
- Developing innovative solutions for challenging problems with scalable, production quality software.
- Collaborating with an amazing team of highly skilled group of people all tackling challenges of autonomous vehicles
- Watching your input and efforts in practice with our fleet self-driving vehicles
What you'll need
- Coding skills: You are comfortable reading and developing production quality software with C++ and Python in a Linux (and/or Unix) environment
- **Analytics: You have an ability to analyze test results, build, use and configure automated reporting systems, such as Apache Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS); SQL**
About the Team:
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it's not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.