People on this team will be part of end to end QA responsible for system quality. You’ll partner with micro engineering teams to identify test dependencies, risks, estimate remaining work, and generally improve the last mile QA craft. You’ll be a passionate catalyst for Quality that results from customer inputs, team’s iteration and retrospectives. You’ll balance the competing demands between adding new capabilities and paying down technical debt to ensure our long term goals are not at risk as we deliver code with best quality. Everything is secondary to the customer experience, we expect you to have a keen sense of how your tests and test code will impact the experience in terms of performance, high availability, security and usability.
As test engineer in System Test you will be expected to ensure the BlueJeans meeting solution meets functionality, performance, stability, stress and reliability requirements. In your role as System test engineer you will work to simulate customer use case scenarios and identify crucial bugs that are difficult to be found during regular testing cycles. You are an outstanding communicator, both verbally and in writing. When needed, you lean in to having difficult conversations with people to resolve a situation and do what is right for product quality.
You’re really good at connecting disparate feature goals to the system functioning making “Quality as differentiator” for our products.
- Design and develop solution level test cases and automation around them
- Develop and execute test strategies for fortify last mile handoff before production deploy
- Work with Product Management in understanding product use cases and build test frameworks
- 2-4 yrs experience in testing distributed scalable systems.
- Knowledge of Java/Python Programming, experience with RestAPI
- Strong knowledge of Linux platform
- Working knowledge of test practices in a cloud environment like AWS.
- Background in networking protocols like TCP/IP, WebRTC, RTP etc is a huge benefit.
- Designing and development of automation frameworks
- Familiar with various tools for managing and monitoring system resources, networks, processes.
- Understanding of networking protocols and experience with packet capture and analysis tools.
- Experience with docker, kubernetes or other similar platforms and cloud platforms like AWS and GCE is hugely beneficial.