Our mission is to be the catalyst for massive, measurable, data-informed healthcare improvement through:
Data: integrate data in a flexible, open & scalable platform to power healthcare’s digital transformation
Analytics: deliver analytic applications & services that generate insight on how to measurably improve
Expertise: provide clinical, financial & operational experts who enable & accelerate improvement
Engagement: attract, develop and retain world-class team members by being a best place to work
The Command Center Engineer will have the following focuses:
- Overseeing and executing DOS upgrades and installs for all of Health Catalyst’s employees
- Providing 24 x 7 Software Support for Health Catalyst’s Clients
- Developing the processes and enhancing tools around DOS Support including coordination with other Health Catalyst teams and building up knowledge base articles about issue resolution
- Developing new tools/scripts/documentation to continue to scale DOS upgrades and support and troubleshooting
- Create new proactive monitoring tools for Client’s DOS systems
- Troubleshooting long running queries and processes
- HTML/scripting for ticketing applications
Duties & Responsibilities
- Technical expert – Work closely with the Platform Engineering teams and Technical Directors and other Technology teams. Aid in guiding platform engineering teams with client feedback and own personal findings to provide improvements and enhancements to the platform
- Excellent Troubleshooting Skills with an emphasis identifying Root Cause of Issues – Will receive escalations and tickets from other Health Catalyst employees and clients and will try to identify the cause of the issue and what can be done to fix the issue and keep it from occurring. High level Performance issues in a Client’s EDW will also come into play and will need expertise
- 24 x 7 Software Support OnCall Rotation Will participate in OnCall rotation with the Command Center team.
- Define and Improve Processes around Support. Streamline processes, create knowledge base for issues, and manage metrics around Support with emphasis to reduce tickets
- Develop new tools and enhance Tools for DOS Continue to identify ways to streamline DOS upgrades and provide scripts and documentation to improve upgrades and others areas of DOS. Develop new proactive monitoring tools with Telemetry data from our clients
- HTML/scripting for ticketing applications. Enhance and modify support ticketing platform to increase efficiency and utilization.
- Wide breadth of technical knowledge and experience that encompasses the DOS ecosystem
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with being able to dig deeper to identify software bugs and SQL Server/Azure performance issues and root cause the issue
- Strong communication skills; ability to anticipate, diffuse and/or manage conflict resolution among Catalyst employees and client teams
- Familiarity with SQL Server and Azure including ability to understand, develop, and troubleshoot C# code
- Development skills with PowerShell Scripting, C#, and SQL
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively guide and facilitate meetings and drive resolution.
- Ability to defend Catalyst architecture, methodologies and technologies to Catalyst employees and client staff.
- Ability to independently learn new software tools/technologies quickly.
Education & Relevant Experience
- Required - BS/BA in computer science, information systems, or other technology/science degree
- Required - Combination of 5+ years’ work experience in data warehousing technologies such as SQL Server, Azure SQL Data Warehouse, Oracle, etc.
- Preferred - 1-2 years’ experience working with technical (hardware, system administrator, networking, cloud services, etc.) teams preferred
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job function. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned by Health Catalyst.