At Wyze we know our greatest asset is our people. We have delivered an amazing ecosystem of products that customers love and that add value to peoples’ lives. How do we do it? It’s due to the hard work and dedication of our team, who bring their passion, curiosity and commitment every day and go above and beyond to delight our users.
We are looking for a Director of People Operations to support and grow our team as we scale.
We have a diverse team from a range of backgrounds and cultures who have chosen to come together to build something disruptive. In this role you will nurture, support, grow and empower our team as we continue to deliver products that are too good to be true. You will balance analytics and empathy and be equally comfortable working with data and connecting with team members 1 on 1.
You will work closely with the COO, CEO and the leadership team to support Wyze’s vision & mission by building the Wyze employment brand, delivering an outstanding employee experience, and curating an exceptional company culture.
You should be interested in innovation – we’re not looking to imitate another company’s HR system. You will make bold moves using data-driven approaches to test and learn and continuously improve the experience of our team and drive business results. You will create programs that keep our team on track, support a diverse and engaged team, and cultivate a culture our team is proud to be a part of.
In this role you will:
- Lead initiatives to define our team’s key objectives and create frameworks for team members to set goals that align with those objectives and identify measurable results
- Create programs to grow and develop our team in ways that are inclusive, engaging, empowering and creative
- Establish and administer a system to monitor individual development that includes self-reflection and manager and peer feedback
- Support managers in creating development plans and growth opportunities for team members
- Partner with managers and the recruiting team to identify short, medium, and long-term people needs and build and deliver on plans for hiring
- Own the onboarding experience so that each new team member feels supported, valued and empowered from day one
- Administer programs that build community and closer relationships among team members across functions
- Develop and manage benefit and compensation programs that are market competitive, compelling to candidates and meet the needs and expectations of our team
- Solicit feedback from team members on a regular basis and have a pulse on the team’s feelings and needs
- Design and lead Wyze’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion, and help create a culture where everyone feels welcomed and valued
- Leverage technology to automate systems and processes, reduce costs and create efficiencies across People Operations
- Provide insightful, data-driven reporting to the leadership team that allows stakeholders to make informed decisions based on a full understanding of the Wyze culture and employee and business needs
Success in this position requires the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, outstanding communication skills, analytical thinking, sound judgment and the ability to partner with employees across all functions and levels of the company.
We want to hear the voice of our teams as we hear the voice of our users. Your focus on employee engagement and your passion for employee development are critical to Wyze’s success and ongoing growth.
- 5+ years of experience in HR or People Operations at technology or consumer internet companies
- Experience planning, designing and/or implementing a comprehensive set of People Operations initiatives that meet the business objectives of the company while supporting and advocating for the team
- Passion for people development, with the ability to translate that passion into programs that build employee engagement and develop employees at all levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to manage employee communications and relations, conflict management, team-building and coaching, and the ability to guide people through change
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to make decisions like a founder: you quickly develop a strong sense of a company’s culture & values and use those as your north star in decision-making while adding perspective and leadership beyond functional responsibility
- Ability to inspire a culture of innovation, execution, collaboration, accountability, positivity and fun
- Embody the highest ethical standards, integrity, credibility and character
- Able to operate at both a strategic and operational level
- A business-related Bachelor’s degree