About the Role
As Product Manager for Uber's Location Platform team, you will build the vision and execute on a strategy to understand real-world context via sensors (i.e. GPS, IMU, BLE) in order to create magical experiences and drive product efficiencies within Uber's ecosystem. For example, can we detect that a rider is approaching an Uber that isn't theirs and help them get into the correct Uber? Or can we trigger a pick-up to take a user home when they are approaching their final train stop? Or can we embed hardware in areas with poor GPS signal to improve location and create value for ancillary use cases?
Uber is looking for a Product Manager who can work with signal processing and machine learning experts to drive massive impact and revolutionize transportation and logistics. You will build an extensible platform for inferring the most accurate location of people and things in order to unlock value across Uber's multiple lines of business. And, you will own the vision for scaling this outside of Uber for city planning, third-party transportation & logistics needs, and beyond.
We're looking for people who have the following characteristics:
- Fast learner. We're looking for team members who thrive on applying their knowledge and experience to new domains, and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to adapt easily to meet the fast pace of a rapidly evolving research, development, and testing environment.
- You are able to bridge the gap between software and hardware to find the best solution.
- You strive to prove that speed and quality are not conflicting.
- You feel ownership & passion over everything you ship.
- A team player. You believe that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. You rely on others' candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Lead and inspire a high-performing team, while managing stakeholders across Product, Engineering, Data, Legal and Operations.
What You'll Need
- 4+ years experience delivering highly successful and innovative products with your fingerprints all over them - you're extremely proud of what you've accomplished.
- Experience with iOS/Android ecosystem, GPS, and chip hardware desired. Bonus points for experience with signal processing and machine learning.
- A "driver" personality. You don't let balls drop, and ou're constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery while balancing the need for great collaboration.
- User-centricity. You are unwilling to make your problems your users' problems.
- Passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology & operations nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- Data oriented. You set up experiments to measure things that will in turn drive decisions.
About the Team
Uber AI is an integrated product and research organization. Our mission is to make AI and machine learning maximally impactful at Uber by pushing the frontiers of research, developing high quality scalable platforms, and collaborating on innovative applications.
Within Uber AI, our team is building Uber's sensor data collection platform to democratize this technology across Uber. The team is rapidly growing, and is responsible for developing state of the art signal processing and machine learning solutions to understand what's happening in the real-world via sensors in order to drive impact across the company.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.