About the Role
At Uber we power innovation with data. Data volumes at Uber are growing exponentially. All of Uber relies heavily on these rich datasets to gain deep insights and to make real-time business decisions. As a Product Manager, you will help define the strategy, drive requirements and deliver products that power analytics for data in motion. Your challenges include building products at never-before scale for users ranging from operations to ML experts & use cases that go from real time to offline.
Having excellent communication and collaboration skills, an entrepreneurial bent, excellent technical and analytical understanding, product management expertise, good judgment, and deep background in building scalable systems will allow you to thrive in this role.
What You'll Do
- Build innovative products that enable complex data workflows and pipelines that move and process data at Uber scale
- Internalize and deeply understand Uber's mission and strategy, as well as the mission and goals of multiple teams under your direction
- Gather requirements, set direction, define & measure success
- Own multiple teams and multiple projects working toward a scalable data infrastructure that supports your internal customers' needs
- Attain internal product-market fit and widespread product adoption among data consumers at Uber
- Ensure excellent team dynamics, team and individual team member performance, growth and enthusiasm
- Be in the details. Know your team's work in depth
- Work closely with other teams at Uber to ensure efficient and productive working relationships
- Lead by example. Be incredibly truth-seeking and finger-tippy with data, set a high bar for the team to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans, move fast and be biased toward action
What You'll Need
- A computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding must go from the highest abstractions down to the hardware
- At least 5 years experience leading product teams that delivered solutions related to data infrastructure at scale
- Deep familiarity with exciting and new data technologies, including Hadoop, Hive, Spark, data warehousing solutions, and in-memory databases
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A personality that encourages action, great collaboration and excellent simplification for communication.
- You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and address something hands-on.
- Customer-centricity - you have many examples from your past of tough product issues that you persevered through to ensure customer satisfaction
- True passion for Uber's mission and the company's hybrid technology / operations nature
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.