Silicon Valley is famous for its visionaries.
Those who dream of what others can’t, or won’t dare to.
Those who seek out innovation where most are satisfied with the status quo.
Those who say, “What if?” instead of “Why bother?”
Since 2007, MobileIron has been the leader in mobile enterprise security. Our mobile-centric, zero trust approach goes beyond traditional MDM, identity, and gateway solutions by validating the user, device, applications, networks, and potential threats before granting secure access to the device. We create the intersection between high-grade security, mobile, and the way people want to work — so you can free your people to be productive without limits and passwords.
Are you excited by cloud, security, and mobile?
Would you like your expertise to empower millions of employees across thousands of enterprises to be productive while keeping the enterprise data secure? We rock at what we do which is why we have 17,000+ global customers. After our first successful decade, we are looking for people that can help us build the next chapters of our story. Chapter two rapidly expands our "Cloud First" footprint.
The Principal Software Engineer position works independently or leads teams of 2-4 people responsible for application design, development, testing, and problem resolution work teams with significant autonomy and independence. The scope of work includes small system enhancements to major system projects. As an experienced developer and a beginning technical leader the position receives regular mentoring, feedback, and supervision by senior technical staff and management on team leadership skills.
Applications may include custom developed software, commercial packaged software, or open-source software. Software may consist of on-premise applications, cloud-based software and services, hybrid configurations, integration tools, or business workflow tools.
What you’ll be doing…
- Leads teams of 2-4 people that develop, test, and fix defects in application software.
- Leads the preparation of overall application software designs at the system level.
- Leads work teams in preparing work estimates and project schedules for all technical work for the projects within the team.
- Leads work team in resolving complex problems that usually are limited to one system.
- Maintains expert knowledge on the systems and tools within the scope of the team's responsibility. Maintains expert knowledge of the business processes supported by the systems. Maintains expert-level knowledge of software development best practices, tools, and methodologies that are recognized throughout Information Systems.
- Leads teams focused on quality and continuous improvement initiatives across business units within the company.
Who you are...
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Strong self-initiative, and adaptability to new technology
- Be a solid team player. Self-starter and ability to pick up new technologies rapidly
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile development environment with small, focused teams delivering product regularly.
- Ability to collaborate and work with offshore teams
What you’ve done…
- 7+ years of experience with one of the modern programming languages such as Go, Python or Java
- Experience developing RESTful cloud services
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Experience debugging, troubleshooting, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and analysis
- Track record of crafting well-designed solutions and delivering high-quality software on time
- Hands-on development of highly distributed, cloud-based micro-service environments, particularly Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related field
Nice to Have:
- Familiarity with AWS services such as API Gateway, Lambda, S3 or RDS (Postgres)
- Knowledge of communications protocols such as MQTT
- Basic understanding of networking concepts (HTTP, TCP/IP, 802.11)
- Has developed applications for Android or IOS
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Direct experience with continuous delivery and associated technologies including Docker, Jenkins, Chef/Puppet.
- Experience taking a project from inception through launch.