About the Role
The Sr. Failure Analysis Technician will demonstrate expertise and can-do attitude in developing and communicating quality and reliability related activities for the next generation of electric bike sharing products. In this role, the Sr Failure analysis Technician will help the cross functional teams quickly root cause potential failures from the field or during product development stages, and contribute to the overall success of the program. This is an exciting time to be part of the newly created New Modalities team
focused on unique mobility product offerings- electric bikes & scooters. We are rapidly growing so that we can efficiently and effectively validate our products for safety and reliability to improve the customer experience and in doing so, continue our leadership position in defining the product quality standards for a sharing industry.
What You'll Do
- Completes component level, board and module level trouble shooting and failure analysis (FA)
- Tests, troubleshoots complex system failures, as required
- Identifies through testing failures, issues, and any opportunities for improvement (ex. test and or process gaps)
- Conducts visual mechanical inspection of units, board, connectors, wiring, components, and/or subcomponents.
- Experience in battery failure analysis a plus
- Experiences in setting up lab tools and maintain lab tools, calibration etc.
- Assembles & disassembles units, components and subcomponents, boards etc.
- Performs data entry using Microsoft excel and/or internal databases including production systems
- Follows procedures and diagrams in performing product change orders when needed.
- Interfaces with product, fleet, quality, receiving, engineering teams on daily basis.
- Manages the flow of materials within the FA process
- All other duties maybe assigned.
What You'll Need
- Associate Degree in Electronics, EE, or other technical field
- 3-6 years' experience in quality inspection role, Failure analysis and
troubleshooting; preferably in an electronics environment.
- Proficiency working with a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read and interpret electronics schematics/block diagrams with detailed
understanding of electronics and subassembly functionality
- Familiarity with MS Office (advanced Excel & PowerPoint), able to summarize
- Familiar with computer software and operating systems and possess the ability to
identify and perform software updates (OS, BIOS, Drivers, Firmware)
- Ability to use electronic test equipment (oscilloscopes & multi-meters, etc.)
- Ability to perform multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment to assure quality
requirements are met
- Proficient in the English language (oral and written)
- Ability to follow documented procedures and processesAbout the Team
JUMP is building the future of urban mobility: shared electric bikes that are the quickest, most enjoyable, and most empowering way to get around a city. Cheaper than most public transit and faster than cars in traffic, JUMP e-bikes radically improve local transportation. Founded in 2010, JUMP pioneered dockless bike share and has deployed more than 15,000 bikes in 6 countries. Our goal is to transform cities, making them more sustainable, equitable, and livable through electric mobility. Recently acquired by Uber, our next step is to scale what we've done 100x - and launch electric bike sharing systems in every major city, globally. To make this vision a reality we need to grow our team. We place tremendous value on our company's roots and culture: a mix of ingenuity, controlled chaos, hard work, and sense of purpose. This is a great opportunity to join a small but rapidly growing team that is shaping the future of transportation.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.