About the Role
As a Product Manager on Uber's Launch Experience team, you'll play a critical role in defining how the Rider app home-screen should evolve in conjunction with the company's strategy to elevate Uber from a rides-first service into a Transportation & Logistics platform.
You'll work closely with design, research, and various product teams around the company to address opportunities for both the user and the business at the top of the experience funnel.
This role demands well-honed product instincts, sharp design & research intuition, principled thinking, and a high quality bar for what goes out to the world.
What You'll Do
- Own the end consumer experience for the home-screen in the Rider app.
- Partner with design, research, data science, and other PM stakeholders to understand how we can address user/business problems/opportunities regarding the elevation of Uber from a rides-first service into a Transportation & Logistics Platform.
- Help define the overall app strategy as it differs across markets & users.
- Work with product teams around the company to understand their use cases, evaluate business priorities of these use cases, and integrate them appropriately in the rider app.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of product management experience
- A passion for user experience: you can both guide design priorities for the team, and have a good sense for experience principles
- Finger-tippinesses with data: You just go get the data you need and can whip it into an insightful story with no help. You have experience running rigorous multivariate testing and experimentation.
- Platform experience: you can take a laundry list of use cases and derive a common denominator that allows you to develop holistic solutions.
- Strong communication & partnership skills - this will be an extremely cross-functional role, with more than a handful of core stakeholder teams.
About the Team
The Launch Experience team is responsible for the home-screen of Uber's Rider app. In conjunction with company strategy, the team works on a breadth of projects designed to elevate Uber from a Rides-first service to a fully-fledged Transportation & Logistics Platform.
From designing lower level UI frameworks to defining top-level app strategy, all of the team's work ladders up to this central Platform vision.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.