We’re building a brand. And to do that, we’re building an internal advertising agency. This is a turning point in the company. For the last 11 years, the Brand has been built on value props and hard-working marketing messaging. And it worked. LendingClub is the largest issuer of personal loans in the US. But now, we need to build the brand and define what we stand for.
What You'll Do
As Sr Copywriter, you’ll be responsible for all things words. You’ll work across multiple channels, including, TV, Social, Email, Direct Mail, Display, OOH, Radio, and any other channel that’s needed to bring the idea to life. With addition of a new CreativeDirector/Head of Brand, and a new CMO, the team is focused on developing the brand to stand or more than just value props and direct, performance-oriented messaging. To do this, the goal will be to develop fully-integrated campaigns and smaller more nimble executions under the overall creative platform. This will ask you to think conceptually, deliver strategically, and effective copy and content. Partnering closely with a team of designers, art directors, and motion designers, you’ll be responsible for coming up with ideas and bring them to life – from brief to production. You’ll also work closely with the Product team to reinforce a consistent Tone of Voice within the product experience as well as shape the direction of the product itself.
- Develop copy for multiple channels for every step of the consumer journey
- Concept and produce advertising campaigns and one-off tactics
- Develop copy for the product experience
- Work closely with multiple teams and departments
- Reinforce the Tone of Voice across every consumer touchpoint
- Be a champion for the Brand
- A love of the written word
- An ability to craft copy - from headlines to TV scripts to emails
- High energy
- No ego
- Ability to juggle multiple projects
- A finger on the pulse of culture
- 5+ years Agency or In-House experience as a copywriter
Nice to Have
- Financial industry experience
*Please submit your portfolio in addition to your resume*
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.