As a content strategist, you will be responsible for crafting the user experience through context-sensitive knowledge base articles and maintaining our customer contact channel strategy. With deep insights into the customer’s journey, strategic thinking, and clean design, you will create an intuitive path for customers to understand our platform and self-serve questions and issues. Anticipating where customers need support and writing friendly, authentic content that exceeds those needs is your forte.
You will partner across the organization to write, update, and maintain member-facing content that reflects product changes and the latest member experiences. Writing multi-channel content that’s empathetic, friendly, and down to earth, you’ll help our members understand our platform and quickly find the answers they need.
What You'll Do
- Develop and proactively lead content strategy for our knowledge base.
- Direct our users to the best contact channel (email, phone, chat, etc.) to address their issues.
- Benchmark our contact strategy across channels (website as well as proactive and reactive customer communications) to acquire external best practices.
- Utilize front-line agent feedback, customer verbatim comments, and call listening to synthesize areas where customers are unclear about our current UI and communications. Leverage this information to suggest improvements for our self-service tools.
- Write customer-focused content that simplifies financial or technical concepts.
- Be a die-hard advocate for the customer.
- Analyze user behavior data, user feedback, and site metrics to continually improve content and the customer experience.
- Be passionate about beautiful, intuitive UI design and UX principles.
- Work independently and simultaneously on multiple initiatives across the organization.
- BA in English, Journalism, Education, or similar.
- 5-8 years of relevant content experience in technology, finance, support operations, consulting.
- High-energy, positive team player that works well with others.
- Excellent written communication skills, and the writing samples to show it.
- Independent, self-starter who excels at working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and embraces change and continual iteration.
- Experience managing projects and people, infecting them with your enthusiasm for the customer experience.
Nice to haves:
- Previous experience building or growing a high-scale knowledge base and contact strategy, especially in Zendesk.
- Previous experience with HTML and CSS.
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.