LendingClub is growing quickly and looking for self-driven, detail-oriented people to join our team. This role provides support to a variety of teams such as Treasury, Legal, Compliance, Payment Solutions, Member Support, Fraud and other Operations teams by conducting daily document and transaction processing. This role is critical to mitigating risk and remaining compliant; assists in streamlining operations-related processes and procedures.
What You'll Do
- Data entry related to settlement agreements, settlement offers and working off a scrub list.
- Contact/connect with members, debt management companies and attorney offices to negotiate a reduced settlement on delinquent and/or charged off accounts on behalf of our clients
- Calculate acceptable settlement amounts according to guidelines set forth by the department
- Perform administrative tasks as needed and other duties as assigned in support of a growing operations function.
- Provide extraordinary service to members through a written channel/call center in a fast-paced contact center environment
- Simplify complex processes and make it easy for customers to grasp; with the ability to manage and de-escalate difficult and complicated problems
- Work closely with key stakeholders; Legal and Compliance
- 6+ months of experience doing customer service, collections, or similar work and are comfortable doing this through a written medium (chat, email, SMS, etc.)
- Close attention to detail and ability to apply policies, procedures and guidelines to a variety of situations
- Effective communication skills oral and written, utilizing tact and persuasion with a customer focused flare
- Strong system skills, collections, processing and analytical skills
- Outstanding organizational skills, self-motivated; detail oriented; able to self-manage
- Ability to prioritize tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Critical thinker who will raise their hand when trends are identified
- Demonstrate quantitative problem-solving and analytical skills
- Possess good business judgement with a strong focus on customer service
- Strong team player with a high level of professionalism and initiative
- Intellectual curiosity to become a subject matter expert in the current process and assist in process improvement
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment is a requirement
- Collections experience in a high-volume environment – preferred
- Experience working in a negotiator, customer service, sales, processing, funding, account manager, collector, loss mitigation, or similar role
- Experience in banking and/or finance
- Experience with reviewing collections documents
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite preferred (Word and Excel required)
- Familiar with SQL
- Bachelor’s degree – preferred
- CRM experience, specifically ZenDesk is a plus
What we value...
- Doing what's right: Committed to acting with honestly, integrity and in the best interest of our customers
- Know your stuff: We are a data-driven business. Each of us must be an expert on our areas, continuously rooted in a deep understanding of the data
- Be confident with humility: We are exceptionally capable individuals who put our egos aside and focus on our collective goals
- Make impossible happen: We look beyond what is possible today to create new and better ways to deliver value for our customers
- Evolve with purpose: We embrace and create change. While we set our strategy for the long-term, we stay flexible to adapt to new opportunities
- Act like an owner: We take ownership and hold ourselves accountable to our commitments and actions
Why you should join...
A great place to build your career
We want you to learn and grow with us. On-boarding programs, on-the-job training, career-development sessions, and performance check-ins keep you on a path toward the next level. Last year, 57% of our new Operations managers were promotions from within the company.
We celebrate individuality
Individual perspectives and experiences make us and our business better—there is no “typical” LendingClub employee. We encourage everyone to voice their opinions, while retaining the humility to listen and accept other viewpoints. Employee resource groups—like our women’s, veterans, Latinx, and LGBTQ groups—offer more ways to feel connected and supported within our LendingClub community.
You are worth it
We want every employee to feel valued. One way we do that is through our generous compensation and benefits package, which includes
- Generous paid time off for hourly team members
- 401(k) match up to 4% or $5,000 per year
- Wellness program with cash incentives and more!
Perks with purpose
We also offer a wide range of onsite perks to help you get the most out of your day.
- Onsite gym, locker room, showers and a bike room
- Public Café in the building
- Light-filled, colorful work-spaces that encourage collaboration and innovation
- Restaurant pads, covered parking
- Basketball courts and open field for sports activates
- BBQ area
- Healthy snacks and drinks
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.