LendingClub is looking for a Manager to join its Capital Markets team in tackling some of the company’s most defining strategic issues. You will become an integral member of project teams to manage funding flows on LendingClub’s platform and develop and implement new investor product strategies across institutional, bank, and retail investors.
You will help drive the scalability of LendingClub’s Investor business through new product development and improvement in the investor experience. You’ll develop relationships with LendingClub’s institutional investors and a deep understanding of our borrower- and investor-facing products. This role will work across the organization to identify, develop, and optimize solutions and business processes. The ideal candidate thrives when given the opportunity and responsibility to drive new processes, big and small, across a variety of products and disciplines. This is an exceptional opportunity to help an innovative, disruptive, and developing company to transform multiple markets.
What You'll Do
- Cash flow modeling of structured finance transactions (e.g., securitizations, warehouses, derivatives);
- Optimizing transaction structures and collateral profiles under timing constraints
- Supporting execution of structured transactions including securitizations and warehouse financing;
- Internalizing and incorporating market feedback into our forecasts and transaction structures;
- Contributing to new investor and borrower product development;
- Identifying investor-related business challenges, recommending strategic and tactical solutions; and
- Mentoring capital markets analysts and other team members
- 3-5 years of work experience following a BS/BA degree from a top-tier university;
- Demonstrated accomplishments in financial modeling and quantitative analysis of structured finance transactions;
- Keen interest in investment products and, generally, intellectual curiosity;
- Outstanding work ethic and willingness to contribute broadly to achieve team and company objectives;
- Knowledge of a programming language (Python, Java, VBA, R, and/or SQL);
- The ability to adapt and respond quickly to evolving needs;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail, extremely accurate and well organized; and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
Nice to Have (desired skills and experience)
- CFA or MBA, or progress towards either;
- Experience at an investment bank, buy-side firm, rating agency or top-tier accounting firm;
- Experience successfully leading a team and/or teaching/mentoring more junior colleagues
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.