The Manager will report to the Director - BSA/AML & Economic Sanctions and will assist in data gathering, data analyzing, preparing periodic reports to partner banks and preparing and presenting metrics to the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) and executives. The Manager will actively assist in tuning the Anti-Money Laundering (AML) transaction monitoring rules, develop new rules based on newer typologies and conduct Sanctions system tuning based on industry standards. This individual will provide support to various enterprise wide technical projects related to BSA/AML & Sanctions risks and the proposed solutions are defined, tested, and implemented.
What You'll Do
- Leverage technology to improve on the effectiveness of existing financial crimes risk mitigation processes.
- Assist in designing tools to combat financial crime including money laundering, terrorist financing, sanctions violations and other financial crime concerns which meet federal and state regulatory requirements.
- Assist in tuning AML Transaction Monitoring rules to identify and detect unusual activity on the platform and develop new AML Transaction Monitoring rules based on newer AML typologies.
- Collaborate with enterprise wide business partners to ensure AML and OFAC (Office of Foreign Asset Control) Sanctions risks are ascertained for all product lines.
- Gather quantitative data and build dashboards and charts to support annual risk assessments for BSA/AML & Sanctions across all LendingClub’s products.
- Lead testing and deployment of the rules by collaborating with Engineering and Product teams.
- Serve as the key point of contact for data requirements for audits and examination requests related to AML transaction monitoring rules and lead remediation projects for audit recommendations.
- Assist in developing and implementing corrective action plans for resolution of technology audit and testing findings and leverage technology to avoid similar situations in the future.
- Create AML & Sanctions metrics on staffing, capacity and workloads and performance indicators related to team member efficiency, productivity and quality assurance for reporting to CCO and executive management.
- Develop reports and metrics on Suspicious Activity filed with Financial Crimes Enforcement Network and other unusual activity referrals made to external stakeholders.
- May lead a team and supervise AML & Sanctions projects with third parties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Risk Management, Compliance, Operations Engineering, or a related field (or foreign equivalent).
- 7 to 8 years of experience in the job offered, or as an Analyst, or a related occupation.
- Must have SQL and coding experience.
- Must be an expert in using MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Experience with BSA/AML & Sanctions laws
- Experience with sanctions screening systems (ex: Bridger) and/or AML transaction monitoring systems.
- ACAMS certification preferred, but, not requirement.
- Ability to maintain effective, collaborative working relationships at all levels
- Ability to manage competing priorities, work independently, and deliver results
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.