As a key member of the credit risk team, you will be responsible for managing and crafting risk strategies along with developing and tracking appropriate metrics. You will develop and implement the underwriting and pricing strategy for LendingClub’s personal loan product. You will find opportunities to improve yield for the investors while maintaining reasonable loss rate as well as improve financial performance of Lending Club.
What You'll Do
Develop, implement and handle credit risk strategies that involve elements of credit underwriting, pricing, loan amount assignment and verification based on an estimation of probability of default
· Design A/B tests to help understand risk return tradeoffs using hypothesis testing frameworks
· Craft automated dashboards to track KPIs around funnel conversion and strategy/portfolio performance; summarize and present findings to senior management
· Use analytical techniques to mine loan performance data and identify pockets of underperformance and conduct root cause analysis to help recommend risk mitigation strategies
· Measure credit expansion opportunities to optimize risk-adjusted revenue.
· Expand existing set of data used in credit decisioning process by evaluating information; value of non-traditional data sources and by re-engineering use of existing data elements;
· Work closely with technology teams to ensure new strategies are implemented accurately and as designed.
Bachelor/Master’s degree with quantitative background (e.g. Statistics, Math, Engineering, Economics)
· 2+ years of experience in analytics
· Strong technical skills such as SQL/SAS, R/Python
· Experience with BI/data visualization tools (like Tableau or Excel to create dashboards)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have:
· Credit risk experience
· Familiarity with machine learning techniques
· You will bring ideas and enthusiasm to help us craft this strategy, as we learn along the way.
· You love working with a diverse group of colleagues.
Why Join Us
Lending Club offer all the important things you'd want — like competitive salaries, an ownership stake in the company, competitive medical and dental insurance premiums, and a 401k matching program.
We also offer some unexpected benefits you'll love — like healthy free snacks and drinks, game rooms, our very own coffee shop, and more!
LendingClub is an equal opportunity employer and dedicated to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that a variety of perspectives will make our teams and business stronger as we work together to transform the traditional banking system.