Imperfect is a produce delivery startup on a mission to reduce food waste and to make fresh produce more affordable, accessible, and convenient. We source produce directly from farms, which would otherwise go to waste, and deliver it to customers' doors for an average of 30% less than grocery store prices. Since our start in 2015, our customers have saved millions of pounds of produce from going to waste.
Imperfect is more than just a produce box! In everything we do, we bring an appetite, lead with heart, embrace imperfection, and work to grow the movement. We aim to cultivate sustainable environments everywhere we go–whether in the office, warehouse, or field. By working at Imperfect, you’re helping build a more sustainable and effective food system. You’re helping fight food waste. You’re ensuring farmers are rewarded for their full harvest. You’re improving access to healthy food in food deserts. With each curvy cucumber and misshapen potato, you’re helping shape our world for the better.
We're headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website
to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We're looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
- Directly manage a team of prep associates - providing training, direction and feedback as well as hiring, promoting and completing disciplinary actions.
- Inspect inbound produce quality. Classify and document issues according to USDA standards.
- Work with the other packing facility QC teams to align on quality control standards and develop key protocols for receiving, processing, and releasing of produce for packing.
- Develop and implement regular trainings for all warehouse staff on proper handling, prep, and storage of produce.
- Lead a culture of attention to quality across the warehouse.
- Develop continuous feedback cycles to inform QC procedures.
- 4+ years in produce - retail, distribution, agriculture, etc.
- 2+ years managing a nimble, fast-growing team OR 4+ years supervising a large department (20-30 team members).
- Extensive knowledge of produce quality and proper handling of fresh produce.
- Energetic and excited about Imperfect.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literate (willingness and ability to learn: Dashboards, Google Documents, Spreadsheets)Highly organized and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to problem-solve and think on your feet.
- Bilingual strongly preferred (Spanish.)
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.