About the Role
Uber Eats is the fastest growing food delivery platform in the world and over the last year we have 10xed our gross bookings! Our Uber Eats team is helping to redefine on-demand food delivery for a new generation. With Uber speed, professional delivery partners, and partnerships with the world's most beloved restaurants, we are bringing convenience and happiness to people one meal at a time.
Uber is an established company with a well known brand, but our engineering efforts in New York are just getting started. Help shape the culture here, and get in on the ground floor of something big.
Be sure to check out the Uber NYC Engineering Blog to learn more about the team.
What you'll need
- Ability to learn quickly on the go. We're looking for software engineers who thrive while learning new technologies and don't believe in one-size-fits-all solutions. You should be able to easily adapt to meet the needs of our massive growth and rapidly-evolving business environment.
- You have knowledge of a backend stack (some examples include: Java, Node.js, Python, Redis, Kafka, Golang or similar).
- Deep system design skills. You know how to build highly-scalable, robust, and fault-tolerant services that support our unique exponential growth requirements. You stay up to date with the latest architectural trends and have experience building systems for scale.
- Bias toward action. You believe that speed and quality aren't mutually exclusive. You've shown good judgment about shipping as fast as possible while ensuring your products and platforms are built in a sustainable, responsible way--and you're comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
- Passion and energy. Because you love what you do, you bring infectious enthusiasm to all your endeavors. You always perform at your absolute best and see new challenges as an opportunity to contribute, make an impact, and grow.
- Unquenchable thirst for growth. You're not just looking for the next interesting challenge, but looking to push yourself to keep pace in our hyper-growth environment.
At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.