We get to make cool software, work with the best people, tackle strategic business challenges and build awesome careers. But, most importantly, we get to see our work strengthen organizations to do heroic work and change the world for the better-all while having a lot of fun in the process.
Galvanize was founded in 1987 in Vancouver, Canada, and has since grown to include seven global offices. We build award-winning, cloud-based security, risk management, compliance, and audit software used by some of the world’s largest organizations. But we don’t just make software. We get to spend our days working with the best customers and coworkers, tackling strategic business challenges and building awesome careers. We help our customers change the world for the better, an idea that drives our company culture. And that means helping to create value and impact for more than 7,000 active customer organizations in 140 countries—so they too can create the future they want to see.
The Challenge Ahead
We are looking for enthusiastic and self-motivated QA Engineers to join our team.
As a QA Engineer, you will be part of our QA team that makes sure our products are exceeding enterprise-class commercial web application standards. As part of your responsibilities, you will create and write test plans and test cases. You also will perform manual and automated testing, create systems and configurations to handle system load and other performance-oriented test cases and optimization scenarios. You will actively interact with our developers and customer support teams.
Qualifications, Experience and Abilities:
We work in small “brigades” comprised of 5 to 8 Software Engineers, 2-4 Software Engineers in Test/QA Engineers, a Manager, a UX Designer, UX Developer(s) and a Product Designer. It’s our version of a scrum team.
You will be key member of a brigade, with responsibility and accountability for one or more platform areas or release contents. A brigade works quickly to release new stuff on a continuous basis, while keeping a close eye on security and code maintainability. Each brigade has a lot of autonomy to alter process and do things differently. Success is an attractive quality and many changes start in a brigade and migrate organically to other brigades.
Here’s what we’re looking for in an Automation Engineer…
We are seeking a talented and a highly detail-oriented Automation Engineer to join our software Quality Assurance team. As an Automation Engineer, you will be a key member of our Brigades that makes sure our products are meeting and exceeding enterprise-class commercial web application standards. As part of your responsibilities, you will create and write test plans and test cases. You will perform manual and automated testing, create systems and configurations to handle system load and other performance-oriented test cases and optimization scenarios. You will own testing full responsibilities for modules or features. You will actively interact with our developers and customer support teams.
The position will report to the R&D Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of software QA experience and contributing to full product lifecycles
- Minimum 2 years of experience testing enterprise web applications
- Minimum 2 years of experience in UI Automation testing using tools like Selenium WebDriver, Visual studio test professional, Fitness etc.
- Designing test frameworks for test automation
- Designing test environments
- Identify solutions and key case-studies/scenarios for the future plans
- Designing methods for the creation of test data
- Providing guidance on the selection of the most effective test design
- Directing and coordinating the implementation of test automation and other test tools
- Experience with Continuous integration using Jenkins, Bamboo etc.
- Review test scripts and provide coding guidelines and best practices
- Good knowledge of SQL and writing queries
- Experience in cross browser testing using selenium.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Passion for testing and the ability to work independently on diverse problems
- Experience working with Agile processes and following strong testing and bug management processes.
- Experience with MS SQL Server 2005 / 2008, 2012 IIS and .NET web applications
- Experience using unit testing frameworks such as TestNG or Junit
- Experience in automating mobile applications.
- Experience in working with CI tools such as Jenkins or Hudson or Bamboo
- Experience in working with repository tool such as TFS or SVN.
- Experience directly working with counterparts and teams in the US
- Past work experience in pure product development companies
- Knowledge of white box testing
- Knowledge of performance, load and stress testing web applications.
Are you ready to join?
At Galvanize we are consistently disrupting the category, holding customers core to everything we do and communicating with each other from the heart! If you are looking for real purpose in your life and want to play your part in making the world a better place, then this might be the home for you!
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest and invite you to continue to check us out on wegalvanize.com as we are always on the hunt for great talent! Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, or Instagram to see what we’re up to
Galvanize welcomes applications from all candidates who meet our job requirements. Galvanize does not discriminate based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended.