We get to make cool software, work with the best people, tackle strategic business challenges and build awesome careers. But, most importantly, we get to see our work strengthen organizations to do heroic work and change the world for the better-all while having a lot of fun in the process.
Galvanize was founded in 1987 in Vancouver, Canada, and has since grown to include seven global offices. We build award-winning, cloud-based security, risk management, compliance, and audit software used by some of the world’s largest organizations. But we don’t just make software. We get to spend our days working with the best customers and coworkers, tackling strategic business challenges and building awesome careers. We help our customers change the world for the better, an idea that drives our company culture. And that means helping to create value and impact for more than 7,000 active customer organizations in 140 countries—so they too can create the future they want to see.
The Challenge Ahead
We are looking for enthusiastic and self-motivated Software Engineers to join our team.
We are seeking an exceedingly talented and creative Software Engineer to join our software development team. As a Software Engineer, you will be responsible to develop enterprise-class commercial quality web and mobile applications, design and implementation of new development initiatives, application enhancements, and troubleshooting issues.
We work in small “brigades” comprised of 5 to 8 Software Engineers, 2-4 Software Engineers in Test/QA Engineers, a Manager, a UX Designer, UX Developer(s) and a Product Designer. It’s our version of a scrum team.
You will be key member of a brigade, with responsibility and accountability for one or more platform areas or release contents. A brigade works quickly to release new stuff on a continuous basis, while keeping a close eye on security and code maintainability. Each brigade has a lot of autonomy to alter process and do things differently. Success is an attractive quality and many changes start in a brigade and migrate organically to other brigades.
Here’s what we’re looking for in a Software Engineer…
We are seeking an exceedingly talented and creative Software Engineer to join in our “brigades”. As a Software Engineer you will responsible to develop enterprise-class commercial quality web and mobile applications, design and implementation of new development initiatives, application enhancements, and troubleshooting issues. In addition to working with established requirements, you will contribute creatively to the design process and software development for assigned feature sets.
- Minimum of a Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing object-oriented software systems
- Minimum 3 years of experience in developing database driven web applications (Microsoft SQL Server)
- Experience delivering large-scale, high availability, secure web applications
- Experience coding in HTML. Experience with HTML5 and CSS3 highly preferred.
- Experience building and consuming RESTful APIs, working with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with SQL stored procedures, TSQL, and schema design, with knowledge of optimizing web page performance and working with heavy data volume
- Experience in developing Client-Side Script Integration
- Superior understanding of .Net technologies, ASP.Net/VB.Net, C#, ADO.Net, LINQ, web services, Windows services, XML, SQL Server 2008 / 2012/2014/2016, and Visual Studio 2013/2017.
- Experience working with Agile and SCRUM processes and following strong development and testing processes.
- Past work experience in pure product development companies is a big plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to articulate complex ideas to others.
- Self-starter, able to grasp and learn quickly
- Passionate about learning and continuous improvement.
- Ability to multi-task and work with minimal supervision
- Strong team player, ability to work in small teams, and contribute in flexible ways to the team goals
- Ability to research, apply, and adapt to new technology areas
- Ability to approach problems with a sense of ownership, enthusiasm and innovation
Are you ready to join?
At Galvanize we are consistently disrupting the category, holding customers core to everything we do and communicating with each other from the heart! If you are looking for real purpose in your life and want to play your part in making the world a better place, then this might be the home for you!
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest and invite you to continue to check us out on wegalvanize.com as we are always on the hunt for great talent! Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, or Instagram to see what we’re up to
Galvanize welcomes applications from all candidates who meet our job requirements. Galvanize does not discriminate based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended.