We get to make cool software, work with the best people, tackle strategic business challenges and build awesome careers. But, most importantly, we get to see our work strengthen organizations to do heroic work and change the world for the better - all while having a lot of fun in the process.
Galvanize was founded in 1987 in Vancouver, Canada, and has since grown to include seven global offices. We build award-winning, cloud-based security, risk management, compliance, and audit software used by some of the world’s largest organizations. But we don’t just make software. We get to spend our days working with the best customers and coworkers, tackling strategic business challenges and building awesome careers. We help our customers change the world for the better, an idea that drives our company culture. And that means helping to create value and impact for more than 7,000 active customer organizations in 140 countries—so they too can create the future they want to see.
The Challenge Ahead
Join a team who are passionate about technology and push the envelope of convention. Paint a compelling vision through conversations, presentations and building trust with customers & prospects. Working with Galvanize’s sales team, we have a common goal of advancing and closing opportunities in a B2B environment. Maximize opportunities through the application of a variety of Galvanize solution components and assist customers in understanding and recognizing the effectiveness and value of our solutions.
You already know that you have found the right career for yourself in the tech industry. You have a curiosity for the inner workings of software and also the business domain to which it is applicable.
You work hard to identify customer business objectives, needs and challenges and can design the most appropriate solution to address key pain-points. You are able to ‘apply’ our technology within client organizations and contextualize the value of our solutions through deep proposals and presentations.
Through your passionate, confident presence, you take command in meetings and deliver compelling presentations. You have done your homework and deliver a true ‘solutions selling’ approach. You love speaking at events and trade shows, while wearing the Galvanize badge with pride.
Your work gives you the chance to work with a diverse set of stakeholders and teams and you love helping to develop account strategies. You’ll work closely with Sales, Product Management, Marketing, Customer Success and a variety of content contributors and resources and, of course, our beloved customers. You have a healthy sense of humour and make connections easily to help us achieve our revenue goals!
Qualifications, Experience, and Abilities;
- 5-7 years of previous experience in a consulting/pre-sales/sales engineer role in the software or domain relevant industry
- Strong knowledge and familiarity with general software architecture and interoperability
- Knowledge of the Audit, Governance, Risk or Compliance landscape
- Experience in a team selling, enterprise-level sales environment
- Galvanize data analytics skills or working knowledge of relational databases and BI/data visualization familiarity would be an asset
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business, Sales, Management, Technology or equivalent
- Experience leading complex solution discussions and architecture designs
- Experience leading solution presentations and discussions with C-Suite executives to drive business impact and articulate value benefits
- Knowledgeable with RFP processes and responding to technical requirements with excellent written communication skills and professionalism
- Understanding dynamic fast-paced businesses in the Asia Pacific region
- Experience conducting business in Japan or working with Japanese companies
- Experience collaborating and communicating with technical teams with Japanese companies
- Experience overcoming IT requirements and navigating regulatory compliance requirements within the Japanese market
- Ability to effectively lead proof-of-concept (POC) and pilot initiatives during the presales engagement
- Ability to effectively lead transition of solution design to services delivery team with efficiency and accuracy
- Ability to establish key customer relationships with stakeholders instilling confidence as the trusted advisor
Are you ready to join?
At Galvanize we are consistently disrupting the category, holding customers core to everything we do and communicating with each other from the heart! If you are looking for real purpose in your life and want to play your part in making the world a better place, then this might be the home for you!
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. We thank you for your interest and invite you to continue to check us out on wegalvanize.com as we are always on the hunt for great talent! Follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, or Instagram to see what we’re up to
Galvanize welcomes applications from all candidates who meet our job requirements. Galvanize does not discriminate based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, family status, disability, genetic characteristics or a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or a record suspended.